Nets Inquire On Lewis, Gasol And Brown

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Star-Ledger -
    The New Jersey Nets have made inquiries for Pau Gasol, Rashard Lewis and P.J. Brown recently.

The Nets have been in contact with the Bulls on Brown, who wants to be traded out of Chicago. The conversation was reportedly brief, when New Jersey offered Jason Collins and Jeff McInnis.

Gasol is untouchable until the Memphis ownership situation is settled.

Lewis would be a gamble for any team that might acquire him because he can opt out of his contract following the 2006-2007 season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/43853/20061221/nets_inquire_on_lewis_gasol_and_brown/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Well the only trade I see happening anytime soon is P.J. Brown, just because he has demand a trade because he doesnt feel intergrated into the bulls offense. Rashard I doubt will go unless New Jersey gives up some major talent, and Gasol is still in limbo as to where he's going or if he's going.

3. joee.

joee. Guest

wow...this is shocking.
    i cant imagine the nets with lewis.
    they will definitley be a eastern conference contender for the finals if they require lewis.

just imagine.
    kidd, jefferson,lewis, carter, kristic.

anways what am i thinking.
    i dunt think they have a chance of getting him.

4. Babe_Ruth

They need a better center then Collins, I know that Brown plays mostly the power forward postion but he could play the five as well, and I think Kristic could play the five, if they did acquire P.J Brown. I also doubt that they'll have a chance to get Lewis, because like you said they'll need to give a top player like RJ J, J Kidd or VC and I dont see that really happening.

5. joee.

joee. Guest

i would give away rj for lewis but i dunt think the sonics would do it.

here might be a good trade to aqquire lewis.

rj and nenad krstic for lewis, wilcox and nick collison.

6. Babe_Ruth

Well I believe trying to acquire Lewis will be out of the question, because he's going to be out for two months. But I still believe they should get another proven center, because they need someone that will give you scoring from the five spot, and rebounds, and especially blocks. They don't get much of those three things by Collins.