Nets Believe Sean Williams Can Have Instant K-Mart Type Of Impact

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

New York Daily News -
    By all accounts, Sean Williams has shown promise since training camp started last week. But Friday will be the first chance to see if Williams has what it takes to develop into the kind of player the Nets have missed since Kenyon Martin left the team more than three years ago.

"I just can't wait to get out there and see how it is, my first actual game experience, to take in the environment," said Williams, whose last real game experience came last year at Boston College before he was kicked off the team for using marijuana. "I'm just very excited."

The Nets are too. Several members of the organization have compared him to Martin, whose tenacity in the paint and tough-guy attitude were two of the main reasons the Nets made it to back-to-back NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003.

After watching Williams practice for less than two weeks, Carter is convinced the rookie can be an impact player relatively soon.

"He can get the rebounds, defend a couple of positions," said Carter. "He's got unbelievable athleticism, and he has a willingness to learn."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...liams_can_have_instant_k_mart_type_of_impact/

2. patkick

patkick #21

He's got the same sick explosiveness and athleticism as a young K-Mart that's for sure. It sounds like he finally has a work ethic so that's promising for the Nets. I'll see how this works out.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This kid has lots of potential, but he has a big question mark, and that is can he stay out of trouble. He was a great player in Boston College, but he couldn't stay out of trouble. Now he's playing in the NBA, and he needs to change his reputation. His role with the Nets will be that he needs to block shots, and rebound the ball and look for rebounds, he won't be looked upon to score the basketball. I am really intrigued to see him play.