NES NES Original Controller Problem

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yooperchick, Nov 25, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

One of my original NES controllers is having a bit of a problem. Nothing on it works except the "A" button is now working as the "B" button.

Anyone out there have the same problem?

2. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

Time to take up Nintendo on thier lifetime warrenty : )

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've never heard of something like that. The B button on one of my controllers sticks sometimes, but that's the only problem I've ever had with them. Does Nintendo really have a lifetime warranty?

4. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

I wonder what they would tell you if you tried to get them to replace it. Ive never had a problem with any of my NES controllers.....I just wish the NES its self was as reliable.

5. yooperchick

It was weird that the problem just appeared when trying to play a game. It didn't appear while playing or anything. I've had buttons stick, and usually just a cleaning would fix that problem. Nothing like what is happening now.

I never heard of a lifetime warrenty for Nintendo. But, I do have original documention - I will have to dig it out and look. I never thought of that! I wonder what they would say???? :-/

6. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

same i never had a problem with the NES controllers.

that would be awesome if they did sent you a new NES controller. maybe you could sell it on ebay and say it's from 82' [ or whenever the nes came out ]

7. yooperchick

Ok. Update...I just checked my original documentation regarding the warrenty (I still have the warrenty card too!).

It is a 90-day Limited Warrenty :(

I never thought of trying to sell a broken controller on eBay. I am sure someone would want it since it is older. I did purchase my action set at a garage sale, so I do not know if it is the original controller that came in the box. My guess would be that it is, but I couldn't say for sure that it was.

8. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

Lol. You should still wright to them asking if it is too far past your warranty.

What games did you pick up with your NES? I think my favorite game was Gauntlet. I also have this Godzilla game that was pretty fun.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You can find them fairly easy on E-bay. They're simple and cheap, so I wouldn't worry too much about the controller going up. It's common for older hardware to stop working after normal wear and tear. The N64 controller is notorious for it.,

10. yooperchick

You can find used controllers on eBay, but they are often way more than what I am willing to pay for one right now. I think other people are in need of controllers right now.