NES NES Hogan's Ally

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yooperchick, Dec 8, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I am thinking of getting this game, cause all I have is Duck Hunt for my gun. I am using the opportunity with the gun to teach my son about respect for guns and all that.

From what I can tell in screenshots, Hogan's Ally seems like a fun game and doesn't appear to "real".

Am I right about that? Any other thoughts about the game?

2. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Oh crap, why did I not see this thread sooner?

Hogan's alley is an awesome game. As soon as I found out it existed, I stopped playing Duck Hunt for good. It's not at all too realistic. In fact, if anything, it's setup perfectly to be a "respect for guns" game because it's set up like a shooting alley. There's three modes, shooting gallery, street shooting gallery, and can trick shooting. The second mode is my personal favorite because it's like a generic street setting where the cardboard cutouts turn around and you have to make split decisions on the correct targets to shoot versus shooting the innocent people. It's ideal for your youngster if he has any interest whatsoever in the law enforcement field, and it's a perfect way to teach him to distinguish between shooting for purpose versus just shooting in general.

3. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

My guess is cause all you guys have other systems to play, and I only have my NES right now. So, of course, NES is on my mind.

Thanks for your input. I was thinking it would be an okay game, but if it wasn't - it's hard to keep my son from them. He is super resourceful, and unless I have something under lock and key, he will find it. I don't know yet if he has any interests in law enforcement. The closest thing to his mind is driving a snowplow or a backhoe.

Probably after Christmas I will cruise eBay and hopefully get a deal on it.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Hogans Alley is pretty fun to play. I would highly recommend it to anyone with the ability to play it.

There was another light gun game that I cant seem to remember the name of, that one is pretty cool too

5. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

I've played it, and it was pretty cool. Light gun games are some of my favorites, and with this, they mix strategy in and it's not just shooting at everything in sight, because now there are innocent people to avoid.

6. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I remember the name now... Gumshoe I believe it was... another good light gun game