• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nervous Breakdown

Dabs

Registered Member
Have you personally ever had a nervous breakdown??
Or maybe come on the verge of one??.........care to discuss why you reached that point??

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've been on the verge of one many times. My daughter is a handful - that's a huge understatement - and I've been overwhelmed with it at times.

Dabs

Registered Member
After I lost my Mother, I was living with my ex husband....we tried to make it work again, but naa...it wasn't happening, we are good friends, that's it.
Anyway, I would literally collapse on the kitchen floor and cry buckets.
My ex would tell me to get a grip, it wasn't good for me being that way, then he would eventually end up having to call one of my sons over, to get me to calm down.
I felt like someone had tossed a brick right in the middle of my face.....I hurt, I was blinded, I was frightened, I didn't know what in the hell to do next!
Such an awful feeling :(

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
When I was a kid, and me and my step dad would get into an argument, and after he finished his usual method of ending the argument, I'd be so angry and upset that I would just kinda sit down wherever and just shake for awhile, staring off into space, just ignoring everything. I don't know if that's a nervous breakdown or something else. But I guess that would be the closest I've ever come.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Oh no Dabs. Call your doc and get some Xanax until you can get to that point where you feel your strength again. Just to take the edge off, it's addictive so use it as a temporary thing for a week just to relax your brain and zone out.

Meanwhile, yes, I've been there. An adult, strong independent woman... all alone and hitting dead ends with every effort. Surrounded by people who don't understand or take the time to really get to know me. I'm someone who always takes care of others and when it's my turn no one is there. Yeppers.

Ok, couple of things. First, as women we are the stronger sex because we birth babies and do it all. Secondly, we are strong freeking women and do everything.

It'll be ok. First step I took was to minimize. I got rid of all the unnecessary baggage. All my unresolved issues were listed and I knocked them off one by one. Once I was organized it was easy.

Then I gave up control. I no longer needed to clean the house. Eff it, it's dirty, so what. I'll clean it when I'm happy. I can't control the behavior of others, my job as a mom is now minimal.

I want new things and I go after new goals now. I still enjoy doing things for the ones I love. And I try to surround myself with people who give back. It takes time though. Hang in there.

Dabs

Registered Member
Oh no Dabs. Call your doc and get some Xanax until you can get to that point where you feel your strength again. Just to take the edge off, it's addictive so use it as a temporary thing for a week just to relax your brain and zone out.

Meanwhile, yes, I've been there. An adult, strong independent woman... all alone and hitting dead ends with every effort. Surrounded by people who don't understand or take the time to really get to know me. I'm someone who always takes care of others and when it's my turn no one is there. Yeppers.

Ok, couple of things. First, as women we are the stronger sex because we birth babies and do it all. Secondly, we are strong freeking women and do everything.

It'll be ok. First step I took was to minimize. I got rid of all the unnecessary baggage. All my unresolved issues were listed and I knocked them off one by one. Once I was organized it was easy.

Then I gave up control. I no longer needed to clean the house. Eff it, it's dirty, so what. I'll clean it when I'm happy. I can't control the behavior of others, my job as a mom is now minimal.

I want new things and I go after new goals now. I still enjoy doing things for the ones I love. And I try to surround myself with people who give back. It takes time though. Hang in there.
Jane....thank you for your inspiring and uplifting words to me!
You are awesome, I appreciate the time you took to write this :)
------
Yeah one time one worst time when I was beaten by my real mom and brother for 3 hours it was such an awful time i was not feeling pain in my body but you can't imagine how much my soul get hurted
William, I am so sorry to hear of your pain at the hands of a parent.
I too was abused as a child, by my SF, not my Mother...my Mother was a wonderful beautiful person, who was abused herself by my SF as well.
So I know your pain.....and I think we both can agree, the mental pain stays with us longer and hurts far worse, than the physical pain~

Last edited:

Meggie

Registered Member
Ive been on the verge of one.... guess too much goes on too fast and its hard to deal with it all at once

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Never had one but sure have been stressed and really am stressed at the moment with a billion things to do for the upcoming exams but I have been avoiding it so bad :(

faith1806

Registered Member
maybe not, but when i was at school and i was not good at English. therefore i was afriad of having English class, for my English teacher always suddenly asked us many questions

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Yes only once but I came through it and got my arse in gear and went to university.

My past haunts me sometimes but I will NEVER be that broken again.

I owe a lot to my friends for getting me out of it.