Nerve Conduction Velocity Test

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Cait, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

No, I've never had it. Why are you getting it done in March? Routine check or something else?

3. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Nope, first time. I have scoliosis and a cyst on my spinal cord. Supposedly neither of these are the cause my extreme back pain so this is to try to see where the pain is coming from.

4. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I have seen something similar done, but the one I know of only uses a needles, and I cannot think of the name to save my life.

I have never had one, but a doctors office I rotate through does them and it mostly scares people more than it hurts.. because it makes their hand twitch and they just can't stand it. A lot of people, can go through it just fine. I think the idea of how they are able to find the source of your pain with these tests absolutely facinating. I hope however, that they are able to avoid using needles for your sake.

Good luck!

5. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I may be getting the name wrong, because my doctor said that they were going to possibly use needles. I looked up nerve tests and found that one. I know its going to be used to find what damage, if any, I have.