Nerd Alert: Star Wars Novels!

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Unity, May 25, 2008.

1. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'm a big fan of Star Wars Novels...I'll be glad to list the ones I've got if anyone is interested.

Just curious if anyone has read new ones lately, and if there are any good ones coming out soon.

Mirage likes this.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I haven't read a Star Wars Novel in God knows how long. Probably 7th or 8th grade.

I dont even remember if I finished it. I think my problem with the novels is the canon and chronology of series. Not to mention the several different authors. It irritates me when authors change in mid-series.

3. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

I have read quite a few of them. I still want to read the correllian trilogy and the rogue squadron trilogy. They looked good, but I never got around to it.
    ------
    I haven't heard about any new ones, but I should look into it.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  4. Unity

I tend to like ones that go with original characters in the universe.

However, a great one (I can't remember the title offhand) follows Darth Vader after Episode 3 as he hunts for Jedi. Awesome story.

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I haven't read very many but I think that they are pretty good (or at least some of them) some of them I just don't like because they ruin the entire star wars theme like that one where chewbacca is killed I mean come on.

I have read and liked the mandalorian armor, great book, I also read the story on boba fetts life and I believe there was a series called the bounty hunter series, I'm a big fan of boba fett (I was really excited to see jango fett in episode 2) I have a lot of the books could definitely read more.

6. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

I read a huge amount of the books when the Special Edition came out. Most of the ones I read take place prior to Vector Prime. The last ones I read was Darth Bane: Path of Destruction and Darth Bane: The Rule of Two. Excellent books (written by one of the writers for the Knights of the Old Republic video games) for anyone who wants to see the back story for the whole "Always two there are, a master and an apprentice".

I believe the title of the book taking place after Episode 3 was Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

7. Unity

I'll have to get those Darth Bane novels...they sound awesome! I love the KOTOR writers...are there any others that take place in that era?

8. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

So far no. The only expanded universe stories that I know of other than Darth Bane are the comic books of Knights of the Old Republic. But the Bane novels are very good, I highly recommend them to any KOTOR fan.

Darth Revan and the KOTOR 1 are mentioned several times in the first book.