• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Neon Lights for your car

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, I admit that about 5 years ago I had neon lights on my car. I have to admit that if done right it can actually look very nice on SOME cars. Not just any car, but if you have a mean looking car, it's the perfect addition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=StreetGlow

There are some of the things you can buy. I think a lot of it is stupid, but the underbody lights and tube lights can look really nice if done right.

:D

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

You might want to check your local laws before you spend the cash. Some states and citys have outlawed them.

Hey Andrew Denver is one of them. :nod:

Some states have outlawed hater vision too!
(Hater vision)=TV's in the head rest in the back sest so the car behind you can watch what you're watching.

Albey

Registered Member
Yea, actually alot of states have them outlawed. Alot of the bigger citys they are still legal though. Ky, Florida, and parts of California is leagal.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Night, you just have to read the fine print on the laws. :) I haven't seen state laws that specifically outlawed putting lights on the bottom of your car. The reason they outlaw these is because they can be distracting due to the colors. So, most states outlaw colors that are used by emergency vehicles such as red, blue, and stoplights, such as red, green, yellow on the front or back of your vehicle. I had these back in Nebraska and they have somewhat strict laws when it comes to added lights, but I was pulled over a few times with them on for other things and the cop didn't even mention them. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
In Maryland it's perfectly legal to have them as long as they're not on when the car is moving. I don't know about the color restrictions. We also have local laws on the loudness of exhausts.

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
I had the tire valve that lit up red when I drove. I got pulled over in PA and the cop let me take them off and sent me on my way.

I was a nice stretch of and he saw it from the bushes and came right up on me. Thank Godness I wasn't speeding.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it's stupid that some states outlaw them but what can you do. Risk a ticket I guess.. either that or just don't have them. :D

And I am pretty sure you can have them in every state as long as they are not on while you are driving. How would a cop even know you had them if they were off? It's not like they are visible from just looking at the car..

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Actually, in Maryland you get a repair order and your car can be taken off the road if you don't comply.