Nellie Not Sure He'll Be Back

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
AP -
Coach Don Nelson isn't sure he'll return to guide the Warriors through the next stage of their resurgence.

Nelson plans to decide by July 1 whether he'll be back for another season with the Warriors, whose surprising playoff run ended Tuesday night with a second-round loss to the Jazz. The defeat capped the franchise's first winning regular season and postseason berth since 1994.

"It's not a good time for me to make that decision," Nelson said Wednesday at the Warriors' downtown training complex. "I think it was really important that I came here. I'm not so sure it's important that I stay on."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46113/20070516/nellie_not_sure_hell_be_back/

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I hope he does come back. He had a good year and shocked the world really when he helped his team get into the playoffs first off and then put the Mavs out in the first round. A hard second round tho will go a long way in determining whether or not he stays though. I think that he will return for atleast one more year.

zunami

Registered Member
I think there's some truth to Cuban saying Nellie doesn't like coaching when there's expectations. That's the only explanation for this. The Warriors need Nellie.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tottally agree with you Zunami because now the Warriors will have lots of pressure next season, since they eliminated the 1st seed this year. They'll be expected to make the playoffs, and go far in the playoffs, and I am not sure if Nellie can handle that pressure. He's a good coach, but not a great coach. He has never won an NBA championship and I believe that he never led his team to the finals, so he's not a great coach.