• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Neil Armstrong dead at 82

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The first man to set foot on the moon has passed away. What a life that man had one that many would envy and look up to him for. A real American hero. RIP Neal Armstrong.

Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon, dead at 82

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Favorite story I just read.... how Armstrong sued his barber after the barber sold a lock of his hair for $3,000. Armstrong was very protective of his image and wary of people profiting off it.
RIP

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What an incredible life he led, to be the first man to walk on the moon. RIP Mr. Armstrong.

Rowan

Registered Member
*takes of internet hat* Very important man in history, science and America. R.I.P.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What an achievement, rarely people walk on Moon but to be the first is just incredible. Basically put his life on line because they weren't so sure they'd survive.

I saw this letter a while ago on the internet that President of USA at the time would be required to read in case they didn't make it back from the moon, it was so weird.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In the year 2525, if man is still alive (in the words of the No. 1 song on July 20, 1969), nobody will remember who Barack Obama was. Nobody will remember who Osama Bin Laden was. Nobody will remember who Ronald Reagan was. Nobody will remember who John F. Kennedy was. Nobody will remember who Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra was.

But, in the year 2525, if man is still alive, they'll remember who Neil Armstrong was.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You are so right BR, a lot of people won't remember most presidents or what they did but they will remember the first man on the moon.

There are people that don't believe we ever went to the moon. They think it was filmed on a sound stage or something like that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the ones who say the moon landing was fake because the flag was fluttering.

I was reading an article earlier this morning and apparently, about 10 years ago, Gallup did a poll on how many people believed the moon landing was fake. Six percent thought it was. Five percent had "no opinion."

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I saw a special some years back on the moon landing, it was done by some who believe it was fake and theye explained how it was done. Some of their arguments had some merit but for the most part they were grasping at straws. Just seemed like a bunch of conspiracy theorists looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I love the ones who say the moon landing was fake because the flag was fluttering.

I was reading an article earlier this morning and apparently, about 10 years ago, Gallup did a poll on how many people believed the moon landing was fake. Six percent thought it was. Five percent had "no opinion."
Apparently the flag was already set like that, like moulded.