?#%&!!¤ neighbour

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by fragile, Nov 11, 2008.

1. fragile

fragile Registered Member

:rant::rant:
    I've never had any issues with my former neighbours, and I've moved a lot. But this one......I hate him! Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate! He's giving me a head ache, I can't concentrate, he's making me cranky.
    I know, I should just ignore it, but it's not that easy when it's there ALL the time. I told him to shut the fuck up, in a polite way of course, and he was like "yeah, I'm sorry, blah, blah, I'll keep it down, blah, blah". Of course, it's even worse than it was before. I kind of expected that, but I had to try.
    Ignorant, stupid, selfish bastard! ARGH!
    :rant::rant:

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

What's that symbol after the !! in your thread title?

Oh, and what is it your neighbor's doing, exactly?

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i take it this guy has his music too loud? or is he just a noisy person in general. i have this problem right now aswell, one of my flatmates plays her music soooo loud and it really gets up my nose!!! its not as bad as it used to be to be honest, but i know exactly what you are going through. maybe you should keep telling him to shut the fuck up or alternativly you could just make as much noise as he does and have a loudness war hahaa, not recommended though lol
    is this a house attached to another house, flat........or what?

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

ah i remember when we had horrible noisy neighbours. even if they were making ridiculous amounts of noise at like 4 in the morning and someone called the police, the police wouldn't do anything because they were 'members of the travelling community.'

plus the two parents were about 25+ stone each and kept having sex on the other side of my bedroom wall. needless to say i ended up going downstairs to watch late tv a lot in those days! *shudder*

RATTIE likes this.
  5. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

Sounds like my room mates and I might be your bad neighbors lol. We try and keep it down, but sometimes we just don't realize we are being loud. Our neighbors however are constantly screaming at their brat kids, and letting them trash the hallway and write on the front door and window with some sort of berries...so we might be able to try harder than we already are, but we won't.

6. fragile

¤
    I have no idea what it's called. I never use it. lol.

I live in a building with thousand flats, and it's the guy above me that's the problem. I've lived here for a while now, and I've never heard anything from any of the other neighbours. I have people over me, under and to my left and right. The problem is not only music, but he shouts very loudly. I think he fight's with his girlfriend or something. They're speaking in a different language, so I can't understand them. But if they were talking in my language, I could hear everything. Because they really scream, and I'm not the only one who's been complaining.

The thing that irritates me the most, is that I've said something to his face. I politely asked him to turn the music down, and try to be more considerate etc. Still, no reaction. I couldn't blame him for being noisy if he didn't know it, but I've said something damn it!

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You sure you're not the one living just below us? :lol:

What about building rules? Here we have cut-offs to the periods we can make "noise" that will surely be heard by the other flats. If you disrupt the neighbors with noise during the wrong times, you can be fined or something.

8. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

Urrgh i sympathize..my last neighbors where the neighbors from HELL.

They did nothing but argue...i swear i even knocked once and asked if they could keep it down becuz i have children sleeping...but nope..id say 4/5 nights a week they would be shouteing n yelling ..doors slammed. etc..it drove me mad.

9. fragile

I know, I sound like the old, cranky neighbour, but seriously it is giving me a headache. It's really frustrating.

I think I'll try talking with him again, and if it doesn't work I'll try talking to the landlord. I don't think there are any special rules though, except when it comes to big parties or something. So I'm worried that I'm actually just making things worse. But it's driving me insane!

10. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

well in all honesty...(btw is this private accommodation?) If hes causing a disturbance....which he is...then you have every right to make a complaint.

Have any of your other neighbors had a issue?