Negative and Positive

Steerpike

Registered Member
Under what conditions, if any, should those who are diagnosed as HIV positive have "intimate relations" with those who are negative?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I think it really comes down to what the individuals think. If the negative person is prepared to take the risk of being intimate with the positive person, then that is their decision, you certianly can't stop negative people from agreeing to be intimate with a positive person and vice versa.

You can't really put "conditions" onto HIV positive people regarding being intimate with someone, that infringes human right, even though doing that would be in the benefit of health of the world and in the interest of everyone.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Under what conditions, if any, should those who are diagnosed as HIV positive have "intimate relations" with those who are negative?
My immediate reaction is "never" but if both parties are away and willing to take the risks, that's their issue not mine. However, if the one with HIV does not tell the one who is negative, I think it should be a punishable offense.

Steerpike

Registered Member
My immediate reaction is "never" but if both parties are away and willing to take the risks, that's their issue not mine. However, if the one with HIV does not tell the one who is negative, I think it should be a punishable offense.
So would it be correct to say that the person with HIV should inform the other individual of their condition?

What if they are not in a monogamous relationship?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So would it be correct to say that the person with HIV should inform the other individual of their condition?

What if they are not in a monogamous relationship?
. . . Yeah, I just said that Steer. :)

So what if they're not in a monogamous relationship? Is that going to confuse the HIV or something? Like it won't infect the other person because of their relationship status?

Blueyes

Registered Member
It actually is punishable by law knowingly infecting a previously negative person with HIV. You just have to prove where you got it from and that person goes to jail.

Since I don't control people it's not my decision to say who can and can't have intimate relations with other people, HIV or not. But by doing that to a HIV-negative person you end up spreading the virus just a little bit more, not a good look for humanity.

Steerpike

Registered Member
. . . Yeah, I just said that Steer. :)

So what if they're not in a monogamous relationship? Is that going to confuse the HIV or something? Like it won't infect the other person because of their relationship status?
No. Rather if the individuals are engaging in casual sexual relations, then would the person who was negative have any responsibility as they pursue more casual sexual relations?

It actually is punishable by law knowingly infecting a previously negative person with HIV. You just have to prove where you got it from and that person goes to jail.
Why should it be "punishable by law knowingly infecting a previously negative person with HIV?"

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
No. Rather if the individuals are engaging in casual sexual relations, then would the person who was negative have any responsibility as they pursue more casual sexual relations?
Both parties are responsible during sex for each others' wellbeing.

Sim

Registered Member
The HIV postive should fully inform the negative about his/her condition. If both then consent to have sex, and are informed about the possible rest of risk (i.e. when using condoms), I don't see anything wrong about that.