Needing Loan.. But Receiving Benefits

Hello everyone! :)
I guess deep down I already know the answer to my question, but I am hoping that someone can give me some advice, in regards to a glimmer of hope, atleast.:nod: Unfortunately, I am receiving long term Incapacity Benefit and have not worked in many years due to serious illness. I have rented accommodation and no outstanding debts, but I do need several thousand pounds to improve my life, something the DSS wont give out. :-/ With the little money I receive I could just manage to afford some monthly repayments - if I could get a loan, but fear my circumstances will make any lender refuse. :shake: I am truly at my wits end with no hope out of the rut I find myself in, and I don't really want to approach a loan shark to "solve" my problems, although it has crossed my mind. The smallest piece of advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks :( .

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi Flame,

Are you curently bringing in any income? If not, will you be able to work again in the future? You definitely don't want to get involved with a high interest loan. It might sound good now but later on you will be worse off. :(

Andrew, thankyou so much for your reply! Unfortunately, the only income I have is Incapacity Benefit ( £380 a month) - thats all. The prospects for employment in the future is unlikely because of my long term illness, I am afraid to say. A miserable existence, as you can see and a hopeless chance of finding a lender, eh?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it depends on what your loan would go towards. If it's going towards a new TV then you will not have much luck, but like you say, if it is going for things to better your situation then you never know.

Do you have friends or family that can help you out right now?

Andrew, once again thankyou for taking the time to reply with your help and advice. It is very much appreciated! The amount of money I need, over a long term repayment plan is £5000 - yes, a large sum, for essential repairs, clothes, and a car but with so little income my fears are realised from what you have said, but if you don't enquire, well...
Unfortunately I don't have family or friends with that sort of money, (no surprises there), but every penny is for essential anf much needed items.
Sure, I could save up the little amount I do have from time to time, but it is so hard and equally would take from now to the next millenium to save, ha!
However, I thankyou once again and I can only live in hope my circumstances will change in the future. Well, you have to remain positive, don't you? All the very best to you. (Great website by the way - fascinating).