Needing A Little Advice

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Turbo, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I met this girl through my brother a few years ago and she has known I'm interested in her since but she had a BF. When she had her last BF I told her that if he didn't last I was going to take her. She laughed and said OK.

She ended up single about a month ago when we caught up on AIM. I asked if she remembered what I said and she said yes and wanted to talk.

We've been playing tag on facebook and today she kinda apologized for not calling as she had some vacation time.

here's the message:

Is there anything to read into this and suggestions on where to possibly play from here?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

And I thought females were bad for trying to read inbetween the lines of txts, emails, etc. Sounds like a genuine excuse to me. If she has only been single a month, then she could have just needed time away to get her head around things, and decide what she wants.
    Ýou've already told her you're interested in her, and now she wants to talk, so meet up with her, and see how things go. Ask her want she wants, and if it's the same thing as you that you've hit the jackpot

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i'm debating on just coming out and be like "so do you think we could be a couple" or just take it a little easier.

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Whoa, speed demon! I wouldn't try to extract any kind of formal pledge from her yet. Take her out a couple of times in a sort of mutual test drive and see how it goes. Then you can ask her to be your baby without sounding grabby.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think she likes you and might be interested in pursuing something. That said, I wouldn't rush with that question. I'll let it flow naturally. Actually go out and have fun outside of your fb tags and aim convos. Maybe one day you don't even need to ask that question at all because it's obviously yes or you've already become one, naturally.

6. Walt

Walt Registered Member

Take it slow and spend some time together and see if you like her and like being with her.
    You can love her all you want, but if you don't like her- it will be a bad relationship.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

we have been discussing hanging out here at my place because the weathers still cold and that with my disability make going out a bit tough. she's pretty cool with that idea so i guess its a good start...like just chill and listen to tunes or watch a movie

8. teron

teron Registered Member

Easy there G...

chilling at your place because of your "disability" - good man, I'd probably claim the exact same thing myself. :lol:

Suggestion though. Don't be boring, a movie or music is extremely typical.
    Maybe its just me and I'm not a typical type of guy, but sometimes being a bit spontaneous or dare I say fun... can be an extremely good thing.

Oh yeah, don't screw this up. :D

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

teron...check my myspace and you'll see i am disabled.

i know the whole "chill at my place" seems typical but right now its kinda cold here in NY and i honestly don't do well in cold weather. i want to make sure we're comfortable with each other before going out somewhere where she might need to help me physically do something....i wanna rule out as many awkward scenarios as possible.

10. teron

teron Registered Member

apologies, didnt mean to be offensive... I honestly thought it wasn't that bad.

good call, just try to be as fun as possible. ;)