Need Wireless Help

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
SO I'm here in Texas in the new house and all, but I can't get any wireless.....people down here are smart to lock their connections from neighbors (damn them!). So I have to use my step-dad's laptop for connection, but they just recently got a Verizon FiOS package thing which connects them to the internet without dialing up. They have a SSIO number and Web Key number as well. I was wondering if I could use those numbers to connect wirelessly to the internet? Is it possible? If so, how can I put it on my computer? Assistance will be GREATLY apreciated, plus non-stop reppage :D:D

~Shwa'

It's called an ssid (a service set identifier), which is the name of the wireless access point (or router with wifi). The access point broadcasts that ID usually, to identify itself. The access point could then be connected to a router (unless it's built in the same box). And the key (either a short wep- key in ascii or hex, or a passphrase of some kind) is used to log onto the access point's network diagram. Once you do that, you would typically be assigned an ip address from the router it's connected to - since you're bridged with the router. (If it's connected to the internet.)

What did I forget.. Remember to sacrifice something to the RF- interference god.