Xbox 360 Need some help; 360 is freezing up.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Twitch, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I was playing CoD4 online with my friend last night, when all of a sudden the game froze, and made this high pitched clicking sound, and weird staticky lines appeared on the screen, moving around vertically.

I thought this was a one time thing so we restarded the xbox 360, but it happened again only a few seconds into the game.

So we tried another game. I put in Skate. and i was pressing my profile name at the start of the game when it did the staticky lines AGAIN.

And this morning i tried playing CoD4 online again, and the countdown before the game stopped at 1 and i got the lines again.

I shut down my xbox and tried to turn it back on, and the power light went on on the console, but the dashboard didn't come up, the TV just stayed blank. The controller couldn't connect either.

I really need help. I hope I don't get the red ring soon.

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

it sounds like you just need to send it back in. that is what i would do.

3. Prophet_Of_Rage

Prophet_Of_Rage Registered Member

Your disks are not scratching are they?, sounds like the GPU is dieing, or dead now since theres no display, if you have a pro console, could be a good idea to buy a new arcade,their jasper 4th gen 360s,and put your pro hardrive in and continue like nothing happened, if not,send it to microsoft for repairs, if I were you I would buy the jasper arcade, their cheap and the most reliable 360s ever made.

Good Luck.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Sounds like you're going to get the red ring of death soon. If that's the case you'll have to send it in for repair.

5. Midget

Midget Registered Member

Towel bake it and force the RRoD if you can. Then send it in. It doesn't take long at all. I sent mine in on the 10th I think and it is already done and being shipped back to me. I have a feeling I may just end up with a new console if it is this fast.

I am sure it is going to cost to fix it if it isn't RRoD'd. Of course you can just do the 1-800-4my-xbox thing.

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Happened on Sunday.

D:

This sucks. I want to play CoD4

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

this is the 5th xbox going kerplooey i've heard in the past three days. my mom heard 3 people sending theirs back for repairs at UPS monday and i was in a gamestop today where a guy was exchanging one he just bought cause it died. i'd call xbox, could be the beginning of a recall.

8. Midget

Midget Registered Member

lol, no. It's a Microsoft product. Guaranteed to break.

9. Cypher_17

Cypher_17 New Member

Yeah 5 XBoxes in 3 days is nothing when you consider how many are around. Microsoft won't recall them. I'm on my 5th Xbox alone, I had 2 white ones that both died due to GPU errors, my 1st Elite bust its own motherboard, my 4th elite was faulty from purchase and my 5th was a rental, I sent my 1st Elite for repairs, and thats the one I have now. Your problem is a cross between the GPU and the Motherboard, assuming you're running component and not HD. The only way to fix it now you have RROD is to towel wrap it for about an hour. then once thats done, run it for a while without the scart in the back, then turn it off, left it for 5 minutes, then try it. If that doesn't work. UPS man is your new friend.