Need some advice

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by sthlm1991, Jul 14, 2009.

1. sthlm1991

sthlm1991 New Member

Hey, I need some advice.

Basically for the past few months a Muslim girls in my class has been interested in me, I've had mutual feelings. However I live in a small town in Sweden where most people aren't used to non-Swedes, middle-aged people for example aren't tolerant enough. So if me and her get together it would seem kinda weird for the people around me.

Also I have no idea if she's a devote Muslim, if she only eats a special type of food and stuff like that. All my previous GFs have been ethnic Swedish, but this is different.

Any tips on what to do?

2. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

If you really do like her, then it shouldn't matter what other people think.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree with what Twitch said. As long as your fine with it, then the people around you should eventually come around.

The simple solution, ask her. She should be glad that you're taking her religion into consideration, rather than just assuming she's one way or another. Remember to ask politely though.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Hej, welcome to GF. Nothing should stop you seeing this girl if you like her, especially not the fact that she's Muslim. Your fellow swedes will hopefully get used to it in time. You're the better person for tearing down the barriers that should have been forgotten long ago. As for the girl, well just be open and talk to her about it.

Both these things, especially the first, will be difficult. Just remember what you're doing is a move in the right direction.

5. Monroe

Monroe Registered Member

If she likes you and you like her, then go for it.

Who cares what people think? People just don't agree with what's different sometimes, which isn't right.

People move onto other news anyways. If you start dating, after awhile they'll be talking about someone or something else.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

just get into a simple conversation with her and start asking basic questions.
    it's a good way to get the answers of your questions. just don't overthink about this part and don't lose the chance.
    plus, don't care what other people think ... except for what your family thinks. i mean ... your feelings come first but don't neglect the thoughts of your family, if they get to know about this.
    other than that .... don't give a damn about anyone else in the world.

7. Vallentina

Vallentina Registered Member

If being around her and spending time with her makes you happy - do it. Who cares about what others think? Everyone else has said your family/friends will come around eventually and I agree. Get to know her and enjoy yourself.

8. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I agree with others if you like her trying going out with her or getting to know her. More people are becoming more tolerant of relationships of people of different backgrounds.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

One thing I wish people would stop doing is making decisions based on what others think. Sometimes you need to be selfish and do something for yourself. If you like this girl and she likes you then do something about it and see where it leads. You're not breaking any laws so just enjoy yourself.

10. Annie_Sp

Annie_Sp New Member

It seems a simple situation, I assume you have a feeling people will not accept a muslim girl friend, right? do you really care what people think?:confused:

You say she is interested in you, are you interested in her too?!

Obviously you should find out whether she's a devoted muslim or not. invite her for a meal, then offer her a pint of Beer, ask her about things you're worrying about, make sure her parents don't have a problem with non-muslims, it's not that difficult.