• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Need recommendations on turn based RPG & tactics PC games

exploiturself

This is my first post to any game forum ever, and let me just say I am a dumb girl who knows nothing about computer gaming and am techie challenged, so I hope I don't get bashed here.

I currently own PS2, DS, and an original NES system with about a gazillion games. I play mostly turn based RPG and tactics games (think final fantasy and advanced wars). I am not coordinated enough to handle many real time or shooter games (I was able to handle the dot hack series, in case that would give any insight into what I like...loved it....also enjoyed champions of norath).

Anyways, I just bought my first gaming notebook, and I really need some recommendations on games. I do not believe I have ever done computer gaming. I saw FF XI I think it was but I don't know what all I need to do the online thing, the expansion packs, etc. Can anyone recommend anything? :confused:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
FFXI costs money every month when you play online. I don't believe there is an offline version of it so it seems to me that it is similar to World of Warcraft or Everquest style. That could be wrong though. I've never played the game at all.

I don't know of many turn based RPG's for the PC besides FF games, but, if you want to try a very popular RPG, Oblivion is one that many people recommend.

I also recommend any of the Baldur's Gate series. Those aren't turn based either though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Its and older game, but Fallout 2 is a crazy popular turn-based game.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'd probably recommend staying away from Fallout Tactics, it wasn't very well received by the community.

m_a_w_k_a

My last turn based game was Wesnoth; it's like Civilisation, you know