Need input on selling iPods on Ebay

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by OnePennyAuction, Sep 24, 2007.

1. OnePennyAuction

OnePennyAuction New Member

I was considering buying refurbished iPods either from Apple or possibly buying a wholesale lot of iPods on Ebay. Then selling them as individuals auctions to make a quick turn around.

Is this a good idea or has anyone had any luck doing this?

Thanks,

Mark

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi ya.

I would be real careful about selling ipods on eBay. If you are looking to make an X-mass buck from them then I would advise something else.

The scampers run amuck over the Holiday season selling Bogus or Broken High ticket items such as ipods, X-Box,PSP and the iphone.

Also if you are planning on selling refurbed ipods then you have to claim that in your auctions. Most refurbed stuff doesn't have any warranty that comes with them, and there is no guarantee of no D.O.A's.

Besides that eBay is a ghost town....If you want to make money or a second income then eBay isn't the way to go right now.

Most auctions have been ending with low ball sales. So unless you get them real cheap you aren't going to make all that much. (the big boys took the fun out of eBay)

All in all I would tell you to watch eBay for a bit and see what is really selling and is hot right now.

I closed down my eBay store a bit back because it was costing me more than I was making..

PS don't forget that the shipping rates are going up soon