• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NEED HELP with IM

soopertrooper

I work in for metropolitan school and need to find a solution that will monitor and log IM traffic for all students on shcool computers. It also needs to be priced for schools as we do not have a lot of money in the budget set aside for this.
Has anyone been sucessful in a situation like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I"m fairly sure that you're borderline invasion of privacy with that.

The best thing you can do is get a key logger and install it on each machine, but then you'll get tons of useless logged info that you'd have to sort through.

soopertrooper

Actually, the Child Internet Protection Act mandates that we do this. It is not invasion of privacy as they are on a school asset and have no reason to assume that they are entitled to privacy on a school computer. This is more for compliance sake than anything else. I am evaluating a solution right now that may be what we need. I will keep you all posted, but any input would be welcome.
Thanks

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

soopertrooper

Thanks! I am reviewing the Omni Manager by QED right now. It is doing evrything I need it to , but I'm open to suggestions. I will post what I decide to use in case anyone else needs some feedback on products.