Need help now please

How can I make my computer so that is acts and runs just as it did the day I bought it. Everything has slowed down big time. It damn near freezes when I am start one new task while none are already running.

How can i restore my pc so it runs like it did a year again.

Please give me step by step to fix all these problems.

thanks

Corona

Registered Member
1. Reformat.
2. Wait.

Notice, this is sarcastic, do not go to your thing and click reformat, or you will be very very angry with me.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Your comp might just be filled with a whole lot of spam/spyware/adware/viruses/etc. It'd probably be best to contact a comp technician to clear out some junk without wiping out your enitre hard drive.

I wouldn't mess around with deleting un-used stuff either.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Backup your files and reformat your drive, it will restore it to factory settings. If you've had your computer for at least a few years, junk just builds up and nothing can be done about it. Some of it can be dealt with, the rest of it is dangerous to deal with.

N

natnsoxfan

I've had the same problem with my computer too. I'm fairly computer saavy, but how do I back up my files and reformat it? If someone could PM me how to or contact me via AIM to tell me how I'd be extremely grateful. My AIM is YEAHDAAAAWG.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm simply using my external hard drive to save the files I want to keep like my documents, buddy lists, bookmarks, etc then I'm going to use my Windows Install Disc to reset my computer to factory standard.

raddmadd

Registered Member
Shouldn't be slow, if you have over 100 gigs in the harddrive, and about a gig in the ram, you should be fine.

I used Norton, and that thing killed my computer. It would take like 5-10 minutes for my computer to load up. I uninstalled Norton, it now takes about a minute to load.

Go to START, RUN, then type msconfig

go to the startups tab and configure which programs to start. Other than that, unless your computer is junky there shouldn't be many factors why its slow. (besides obvious reasons like viruses etc.)

Go to START, RUN, then type msconfig

go to the startups tab and configure which programs to start. Other than that, unless your computer is junky there shouldn't be many factors why its slow. (besides obvious reasons like viruses etc.)
NOTE: be careful as to what you uncheck as it will effect your computer

I would use Scan Disk First

then

Defrag the hard drive

then

run any and all virus, adware and spyware scans you have (1 at a time of course)

please let me know when you get this far.