Need help getting through to Ebay

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
someone hacked into my mother's ebay account about a month ago. She has never sold anything on ebay and her account wasn't even set up for selling. but someone got in there and tried selling a bunch of stuff. Ebay cought it and suspended her account. they sent her an email explaining that someone got in there and that all charges would be reversed. well now she gets a bill from ebay for $128 for sellers fee's and her account is suspended for non payment. I have sent several emails to ebay and all I get back are. thank you for contacting ebay we will look into blah blah blah.. I tried ebay live help today and it wouldn't load up for some reason it's really frustrating. my mom is freaking out because the last email said they would automatically deduct the money from her checking acount. any suggestions or a better way of contacting ebay about this to get it resolved?

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
eBay can't auto deduct any money I don't think.. eBay operates as a separate entity from PayPal so PayPal can't do this even if money is owed to eBay.

If your mom has never sold on eBay, then she should have never had to pay fees, let alone enter her info. Is it in there for some other reason?

If not then I'm not sure how they will auto-deduct anything.

I would suggest trying live chat again and seeing if it works. It has always worked for me. Can't guarantee they will give you good news but if you have the other email from them stating that they would reverse all charges, then you should be safe for sure.

Don't let them go back on their word on this one. I think it should be a simple miscommunication and if given the opportunity to explain the situation, you should be fine I hope.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
right, when my mom first came to me with this that is what I said too. Mom, it's just a misunderstanding it will all be okeys. but like I said with no reply from ebay on this she is freaking out and wanting to shut all her accounts down and never use ebay again. poor thing. So I have taken it upon myself to try and get ahold of them and at least get them to acknowledge my emails.

and yes we do still have the emails that they said all the charges would be reversed. but like I said now they are wanting the money and she can't get back into her account. so I don't know what the deal is

doubles2004

Registered Member
Hi Bunny, Sorry to hear this yes It does happen but rest assured ebay nor paypal can get any money from your mothers bank. It can not happen. I would keep trying live help myself. I hope you get it all worked out. But as I stated they canot do a auto draft from her bank. That I do know

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I finally got ahold of someone at live help. they told me that they would reinstate my moms account and all the charges would be reversed. She said that she would send an email with info on how to get back into her account but this email has not arrived yet.