• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Need GF's Help

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I live in a house that, generally, doesn't have good food around. I have a lot of "bad" foods around me and I need help moderating them. I've been taking in a lot of calories with what I drink. I need your help to figure out a diet that will fit in with eating generally unhealthy foods.

I'd imagine that moderating calories would be the best route but I've been reading into a form of fasting where I would eat appx. 1500-2000 calories in a day and none for the next day. I'm not sure how that would work out for me.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
wait, wut?

you want a diet that fits with eating unhealthy foods? to what end? why are you surrounded by unhealthy foods, do you not do the shopping?

Doc

V.I.P.
I don't do the shopping or cooking because I don't have a job. It's not exactly a source of pride for me.

I should add in that my family's cooking is high-carb and protein with a higher ratio of protein to vegetable and that's why I consider it unhealty. I obviously have control over my own portions and things like that.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
The only thing I can suggest is cutting out soda and drinking water, since it's the only thing you can really do without controlling shopping or money needed for it.

Impact

V.I.P.
Wait, what kind of foods are you considering 'bad' foods to start with. Give us an idea of what you have on hand each week, and we may be able to help a little more.

Obviously monitoring your serving size, making sure you eat breakfast, cutting out soda and trying not to snack on like...potato chips will help.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
You didn't mention exercise, is that something you'd be willing to change along with your diet?

Oh, and with this fasting thing -- how realistic is it for you to go a whole day with no food? It might work for some people but it doesn't sound healthy or worth it to me.

Doc

V.I.P.
I can do it but I wanted to know how healthy it was in GF's opinion.

I'm getting a gym membership in the near future and intend on using it every day for cardio and working on a weight training regimen to increase my cardiovascular endurance.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I don't think it is healthy at all. I have always read that eating five to six small meals a day was the best way to go.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I've always heard that eating more meals is the best way to go. If you're going to be working out everyday, you need to keep your body fueled.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What Iris said. Eating less and more is healthier for your stomach and helps it digest the food faster and properly.