Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Sep 8, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I've always loved me some Need for Speed. I considered "Most Wanted" and "Carbon" to be probably my all time favorite Racing games on the Console. With the original Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit being a very close but aging 2nd or 3rd depending on my mood that day.

When I heard Criterion was in with EA remaking Hot Pursuit.... I'll admit I had me a bit of a Nerdgasm.

YouTube - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - E3 Reveal Trailer

I know criterion is probably best known for their work with the Burnout franchise which was originally based around jaw dropping wrecks and crashes. Whats always been a let down with previous Need for Speed games is the wreck sequences, sure they've had some dumb Damage stuff... but wrecking always consisted of just blowing your engine out. This video has a nice wreck sequence towards the end teehehehe.

YouTube - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition Trailer

November 16th, 2010... I have time to save up!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I already got 40 Bucks on Gran Turismo 5. Considering the comparatively lesser physics engine that has been used in need For Speed, the fewer cars, and fewer tracks, I'm sticking with GT5....

Not to Mention its been 6 years in the works and the demo cost 40 bucks, yeah, its going to be great

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Oooh, i've always loved Need for Speed. Undercover and Most Wanted were my favourites. Although, I didn't really check out the most recent one... was it Shift? I'll probably check this one out

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Shift was probably the best need for Speed, but it left alot to be desired, compared to even Forza......

5. icegoat63

I thought Shift was garbage.

Apparently you're taste in Racing Games are a bit different than mine because I've always felt the Gran Turismo Series was boring. Sure they've got some 100-200+ cars, but its booorrrriiiinnnggggggg.

The Open World Need for Speed games always produced excitement, fun, something different than just driving a car I could give a shit less about around a boring ass track.

Which was it? Most Wanted? That allowed for complete customization with colors decals and even after market body mods? That to me is 100x better than having 500 exotic cars from across the globe and time. I'd rather have the 50+/- cars that NfS offers with the ability to customize them than just a glossy supercar.

but to each is own.

6. icegoat63

Rofl, took me more than a year to get it. But I finally picked this one up the other day.

Bought it on Steam during the sales, got it something like 75% off so it was only about 5 bucks.

My big complaint is that that I got the Error 330001... which apparently means I'm screwed because EA refuses to fix it.

Contacted Technical support and to paraphrase my conversation went like this;

Me: I have the Error 330001
    EA: Oh that sucks, dont know what to tell you

Me: Soooo is there a work around?
    EA: Nah, sucks to be you.

Me: I did some research and this error seems common.
    EA: Yup.

Me: really? this game is a year old and this hasnt been fixed yet?

Me: So no workaround, no refund, no online, no code, until EA releases a patch that fixes it

Me: Thats your technical advice... just wait for a patch?
    EA: Yup, thank you for contacting EA technical support, do you have any further questions?

Needless to say after that Bush beataround with Ashish the Technical support master... I wont be supporting EA Games any longer. -_-

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Like you, I'd say Most Wanted and Carbon are by far my two favorite Need for Speed games. Coming in close behind this two is the Need For Speed: Underground (I don't know if it was the first or second, the one with the Rob Zombie car) because of the drifting challenges and stuff it had.

I played the new one, it was fun but there was something about MW, Carbon and Underground that separated themselves from all the others to me.

8. icegoat63

it was the pure open world fun of it.

After they took those hits for promoting "Street Racing" in that fashion and decided to go all righteous... it really destroyed an incredibly fun element of the series.

Totally unfortunate.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Underground 2 was my favorite. I still have it, even though it's for the original xbox system. I believe it still plays on the 360. I have hot pursuit, but I haven't really played on it that much.

10. icegoat63

Im already starting to lose interest in this one. I cant really get motivated to play it much anymore.

I've finished most of the missions, and without beign able to play online or match my times with online times... the fun of this one has truly taken a huge hit.