• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Need career advice?

plato

In my current job I started out as a programmer, but overtime the need for
software development within the company became less and less important.
As software development became less important the need for network administration and technical support grew rapidly within
the firm. Eventually I became much more involved in network administration and technical support tasks. Overtime I became the
firm's network administrator, database administrator, software developer, business intelligence analyst(reporting), and
technical and help desk support. I became the jack of all trades. It was a terrible career choice, which I now regret. My
work environment did not allow me to specialize. I realize now to advance my career I need to specialize in one or two
areas. I am now searching for a new job. Which area of specialization can benefit me the most career wise?

1. Cisco - CCNA
2. SQl server and Oracle DBA
3. linux/unix administration
4. windows administration - MCSA/MCSE

Please advise. It would be greatly appreciated.