Need Advice for New Green / Environmental Website

green8659

Registered Member
I just started a website devoted to living green and environmental issues. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone about what specific issues they worry or think about. And also what you would like to learn more about when it comes to environmental issues.

There is a lot of info out there and much of it is twisted or exaggerated for shock value like Al Gore's documentary. But what things would you guys be interested in reading about more...global warming, solar power, energy conservation, recycling...ect.

Any feed back would be appreciated. Even if you think environmentalism is a joke I still welcome the feedback if you can support your thinking with a mature argument.

Thanks everyone!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..

Do you have anything about wind turbines as well as How to stuff on your site?
I would be very interested in learning more..Please PM me the link so i can see what you have going on in there..

Do you ever watch the show Going green? And the one with the Green School bus that runs on fry oil (can't remember the name). Those are great shows and i have learned a few things but I wanna know more.

Thanks

~Surfer~

green8659

Registered Member
I've sent you a PM. I love the shows Greenovate and Wasted. I actually don't have much on wind turbines on the site. I will do a little research and add some information. Thank you for the suggestion. When I originally built the site I didn't put much weight on turbines because most people don't live in a place where they are feasible. Thanks again.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..

I am working on making my own kind of barrel turbines. I live behind a major road with loads of traffic zipping buy and I noticed there was always a breeze in my backyard right by the road..So I put up a few pin wheels and they went mad..So I'm thinking there just might be enough of a draft to create some free energy..

So I thought it would be a great idea to try out..

Do you have anything on a rain water sprinkler system? I'll have to go and see what is at your site...Post a few questions..Thanks for the info..

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What I'd like to read about? Perhaps something practical. The whole global climate change is a very big concept that you can't feel helpless when you hear about it because it seems there's nothing much you can do. If an evironmental website can concentrate on the micro scale, it would reach the reader more.

Recycling, energy conservation, alternative sources -- not just info about them but tips on how to apply them in daily stuff more efficiently (ex: in recycling , provide a printable index to help people sort their trash, etc.)
------
I forgot to mention...those endangered species (which are in danger of extinction due to environemental issues)

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I just started a website devoted to living green and environmental issues. I wanted to get some feedback from everyone about what specific issues they worry or think about. And also what you would like to learn more about when it comes to environmental issues.

There is a lot of info out there and much of it is twisted or exaggerated for shock value like Al Gore's documentary. But what things would you guys be interested in reading about more...global warming, solar power, energy conservation, recycling...ect.

Any feed back would be appreciated. Even if you think environmentalism is a joke I still welcome the feedback if you can support your thinking with a mature argument.

Thanks everyone!
It seems like from reading your post that you are not tying your website to a particular political/corporate slant. Good job - this sir is brilliant.

Don't be a tool of Greenpeace, Democrats, Republicans, General Electric, general Motors, etc. Everyone is interested in this topic, but we don't want to be politicized or put in a box. Let us do what we want with the information. Some may stop whaling in the Arctic, some may start a business selling refined cooking oil. 2 different politics, both wanting information that you are trying to provide. I honestly believe that if you do this right, you will be successful.