• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Need advice badly.

TheJacobKid

Recently, my girlfriend has told me that one her best friends dad, attempted to sexually harass her. My girlfriends family and her friends family are very good friends and she is afraid that if she tells anyone about it, that the bond will be broken as well as the guys marriage. I need advice badly because I don't know what to do. Thank you.

Alta

Registered Member
Well, you need to notify somebody. Your girlfriend shouldn't have to put up with sexual harassment. The best person I can think of that you should tell is one of your girlfriend's parents. That is, if the families are that close.

TheJacobKid

That's what I said, I want her to tell her father because she is closest to him. I just want it to end, it's very shocking to hear this kind of thing.

erlendalvestad

Registered Member
My girlfriends family and her friends family are very good friends and she is afraid that if she tells anyone about it, that the bond will be broken as well as the guys marriage.
I understand that she would feel responsible for that, but this incident has to be recognized for what it is, and that means doing something about it. I agree that talking to her father would be the best way.

Wade8813

Registered Member
What level of harassment was he trying to do? Sexual crimes can be as mild as making inappropriate comments that aren't even about her, all the way up to rape. Her response can be different depending on the situation.

Alta

Registered Member
He stuck his hand into my underwear, through two layers of pants so it was no accident.
Then tell your father. There's no excuse not to. It may be uncomfortable but he needs to know what happened, and the man who abused you needs to be held responsible for his actions.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Okay, that's sexual assault. As always, laws vary from state to state, but that's serious no matter where you are. Depending on the situation, I believe some states may actually require reporting it (or may require someone you told about it to report it).

I don't mean to complicate matters further, but it's important to realize that not reporting it may mean he can do it to someone else. Additionally, delaying reporting can be seen as suspicious, and make it seem like a false allegation.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think you should report this, at least to your father, he violated you and should be held responsible. As far as this man's marriage is concerned his wife needs to know what type of person she is married to. I bet this isn't the first time nor will it be the last time he does something like this to someone. You owe him nothing.