• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony Need a PS2 Controller

M

Masakado

My PS2 Controller is starting to stick and stuff. I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good yet relatively cheap controller.

I saw a couple of MadCatz ones at blockbuster for $10 but a friend told me that it totally sucks. I would just by another normal PS2 controller, but damn, it's $25 lol. I wouldn't mind paying that much, but I want to try something new. Any ideas?

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Madcatz sucks!!! Go ahead and get a Sony controller. $25 is well worth it.

S

SOAD2k8

I would not get a Madcatz controller, they are not good at all. I would go down to your local Gamestop and get a used one for $10/15, they all come with a 90 day guarantee on them, so if it doesn't work, take it back and get another one. The only aftermarket controllers that I like are the ones made by nYko, they are usually around $20.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well you could use a PS1 controller. I don't know how much they cost but they work.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Yes a PS1 controller works, but it isn't touch sensitive, which some PS2 games use a lot.

M

Masakado

Hmmm, I see. I suppose I could use a PS1 controller for now until I get more opinions.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well it should work until you get a new one. I would buy one of the blue ones I have had trouble with the black ones and the green ones but the blue one seems to work better then the others for me.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Madcatz...never
Pelican...never

Stick to Sony brand, they do it best...25 is a small price to pay for your sanity when it comes to broken controllers.

K

Kamui-Sama

Madcatz!!!! Never!!! Damn They Suck!!

Go for teh Sony Brand...its Worth it!

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!
ii bought a madcats and it broke when i got it... if ur lookin for a cool one go to spencer gifts and they have a demon ps2 controler. its awesome