Sony Need a PS2 Controller

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Masakado, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Masakado

Masakado Guest

My PS2 Controller is starting to stick and stuff. I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good yet relatively cheap controller.

I saw a couple of MadCatz ones at blockbuster for $10 but a friend told me that it totally sucks. I would just by another normal PS2 controller, but damn, it's $25 lol. I wouldn't mind paying that much, but I want to try something new. Any ideas?

2. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Madcatz sucks!!! Go ahead and get a Sony controller. $25 is well worth it.

3. SOAD2k8

SOAD2k8 Guest

I would not get a Madcatz controller, they are not good at all. I would go down to your local Gamestop and get a used one for $10/15, they all come with a 90 day guarantee on them, so if it doesn't work, take it back and get another one. The only aftermarket controllers that I like are the ones made by nYko, they are usually around $20.

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Well you could use a PS1 controller. I don't know how much they cost but they work.

5. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Yes a PS1 controller works, but it isn't touch sensitive, which some PS2 games use a lot.

6. Masakado

Masakado Guest

Hmmm, I see. I suppose I could use a PS1 controller for now until I get more opinions.

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Well it should work until you get a new one. I would buy one of the blue ones I have had trouble with the black ones and the green ones but the blue one seems to work better then the others for me.

8. Sephiroth_Masamune

Sephiroth_Masamune l 7SIN Sasori l

Madcatz...never
    Pelican...never

Stick to Sony brand, they do it best...25 is a small price to pay for your sanity when it comes to broken controllers.

9. Kamui-Sama

Kamui-Sama Guest

Madcatz!!!! Never!!! Damn They Suck!!

Go for teh Sony Brand...its Worth it!

10. moose

moose O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!

ii bought a madcats and it broke when i got it... if ur lookin for a cool one go to spencer gifts and they have a demon ps2 controler. its awesome