Neck Surgery Possible For Raptors' Pape Sow

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Toronto Sun - Pape Sow, who had vowed to make this the most active summer of his basketball career, now faces the prospect of spending the next few months recovering from surgery, the Toronto Star is reporting.

The 6-foot-9 Raptors forward was injured in a summer league practice on Tuesday and has been in hospital ever since.

There was speculation that he would be forced to have an operation on his neck, which would cost him all of this summer and probably all of next season as well.

Raptor officials have said he has full use and feeling in all his limbs.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41363/20060707/neck_surgery_possible_for_raptors_pape_sow/

2. -Hoodsta-

-Hoodsta- Guest

hopefully its not that serious and he can get back and play great next season :) :) :) :)

3. RajaB

RajaB Guest

this is a great loss for toronto.
    he is a young player that is a great shot blocker.
    i hope he gets better so0on.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well with all the new additions, I personally think it's not that bad of a lost, he gets in foul trouble to much, yes he might get a lot of blocks, but that's because he tries to block everything that comes near him, and gets a lot of goaltending calls. He wouldn't play more then five minutes a game anyways.

5. RajaB

RajaB Guest

thats kuz he didnt have any nba experience. im sure he learned lots more. im just saying it would be better with him then without