• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nearly Christmas!

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Argh!

I'm sorry I know this is possibly too early for some of you but for me November is the beginning of my countdown! (Actually December 26th is the start of my countdown but I am in fact a happy christmas elf! :D :lol:)

I'm so excited :) This year my housemate whom I adore and I are going to each others families for christmas eve and day and then we're seeing other people on Boxing day :) (Possibly having a party at ours and have everyone over!)

Really exciting stuff :)

So how do you guys celebrate christmas (if at all)

I used to have awful christmases but now I hardly spend them at home so they're much better. I know its meant to be all about family but in my heart my friends are family I have chosen and since home was never the happiest place I make sure I am happy.

I always make sure I am at mums for christmas eve and christmas morning.

Last year was cool though I spent the whole time with my mum and brother and we had Pirate christmas which was EPIC, we all dressed as pirates and we had a pirate ship decoration on the tree and treasure chests instead of stockings!!!!

:)

Also I only have 4 presents left to get :)

So yeah!

Christmas - how do you do yours?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Well first of all I usually go out with mates Christmas Eve so unfortunaltely I spend most of Christmas day in bed and hung-over!!

I'm part of a small family and we usually have a low key Christmas, it's usually time to enjoy the families company and have a few days off work to relax.

I like to go down the local too and spend time with friends of the family and have a few Christmas ciders!!
Everyone is jolly and upbeat at Christmas, probably my favourite thing about the festive period!

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Every year my family come round e.g. about 9 of us all go to my parents house and we put on a fine festive feast, talk and joke, watch movies, have drinks etc and generally have fun and spend time together.

And I wouldnt want it any other way. :)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't really enjoy Christmas all that much. Thanksgiving is where it's at!

Usually for Christmas I have to travel quite a bit. Everyone in my family is divorced and no one gets along...so everyone wants to have their own Christmas get togethers and I'm stuck struggling on scheduling every year. There is usually always one that I have to miss, and I feel like an ass afterwards.

Plus, I no longer get my favorite Christmas party of the year since my grandfather passed away a few years ago.

But I love me some Thanksgiving. It's more relaxing for me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Never cared about Christmas and I think it's the most boring and annoying celebration out there.
It's surprising that some people start buying Christmas gifts/stuff since the early November.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Never cared about Christmas and I think it's the most boring and annoying celebration out there.
It's surprising that some people start buying Christmas gifts/stuff since the early November.
...November is pretty late for me....I generally start buying in September!

Impact

V.I.P.
I really don't like Christmas. Luckily the family i'm living with now, don't like it either, so we don't really celebrate. We will have a nice meal, but not traditional. And we don't do gifts, which i'm super glad about. Last year I had so many siblings/cousins/great aunts/etc to buy for, it just eats money.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I enjoy Christmas, usually me, my brother, parents, and grandparents get together on Christmas Day and have dinner together. Last year we had it at my house since we just moved in a few weeks earlier. My brother and I wanted to show our new home to the grandparents and Christmas day was the perfect oppurtunity. This year we'll probably have it at my parents house.

I was never a person that bought a gift early, usually I'll buy one around two weeks beforehand. This year won't be anything different.

Another thing that I really enjoy about Christmas this year is that it falls on a Saturday, and Boxing Day falls on a Sunday which means I'll have Monday and Tuesday off :D

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
...November is pretty late for me....I generally start buying in September!
In the shops over here you won't find anything Christmas related before the 2nd week of December.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I really don't like Christmas. Luckily the family i'm living with now, don't like it either, so we don't really celebrate. We will have a nice meal, but not traditional. And we don't do gifts, which i'm super glad about. Last year I had so many siblings/cousins/great aunts/etc to buy for, it just eats money.
Same problem I have. People say...why don't you just buy for your immediate family, then?

My immediate family includes 7 siblings, 4 parents, 4 grandparents, and 6 nieces and nephews.