TV NCIS - Naval Criminal Investigation Services

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Smelnick, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

So I've been watching NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigation services. I'm really enjoying it so far. Its by the same person who created JAG: Judge Advocate General (Airforce lawyers basically =P) Basically, NCIS is the CSI of the navy. But they have jurisdiction in the military and airforce stuff too. It's been pretty neat watching so far. It's a unique team, and I really like the tech guy McGee, and the head honcho, Jethro Gibbs. He's pretty badass

So has anyone else seen this show? What do you think of it? I'm half way through the second season right now, and I've seen episodes from later seasons in the show as well. I really like these types of show. I've always been a bit of a detective/cop investigation buff and this show brings armed forces and science into play. What could be better =P

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I am watching an episode at the moment, its a good program with likeable characters.
    The stories are all good as well and I like the interaction between the team, Tony always has a smart remark up his sleeve and I like the touch of humour that is most of the episodes.

Although not the biggest part in the show my favourite character is Abby as she just does not seem to fit the regular idea of a forensic scientist, that and she can get away with a lot more than the others with Gibbs.

3. Smelnick

You know, I love that about Abby too. I always tense up a bit when I know tony, mcgee or kate are gonna get a tongue lashing haha. Gibbs is an interesting character. A perfect mixture of coldness and rightousness. It's nice to have characters like Abby, Mcgee to balance that out. And then kate, tony and ducky are somewhere in the middle lol.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I never got into it, I love these type of shows especially CSI NY, but this show doesn't have enough action for me so to speak, it's to slow compared to the other shows out there. I don't really like the "comedy" aspect of it as well. It just seems like their trying to hard.

If there's nothing on television I'll watch it, but I don't follow it regulary.

5. Smelnick

Yah, the comedy aspect of it always seems a bit awkward, I agree. Perhaps that's on purpose though. It's the type of job where you deal with death, and so I guess even though they're joking around, the writers of the show are trying to keep the 'on-edge' thing going.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I watched up to when:
    Gibbs' team was broken up
    and after that I didn't think it could be the same, so never watched any more to see what happened.

Abby was by far my favourite character, followed by Ziva. I love her straightforwardness.

7. Smelnick

Who's Ziva? Lol, I'm not that far into the season yet. Is Ziva the one who replaces agent Todd later in the series?

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Haha shit. Watch and you shall find out. I'm not giving away anything. She is an awesome character though.