• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NCAA Football

ltk9492

Registered Member
Talk About college ball. Who you want to win, games, you know.

My favorite teams: UM(FL)
Virginia Tech
North Carolina

My FAVorite Player: Best College QB, better than bro, Marcus Vick!!!!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
ltk9492 said:
My favorite teams: UM(FL)
Virginia Tech
North Carolina

My FAVorite Player: Best College QB, better than bro, Marcus Vick!!!!
How can you have three different ACC teams as your favorites? What do you do when they play eachother? And no, Marcus Vick is not the best QB in college football. Not even close. How did he do against the Canes a couple weeks ago? 'Nuff said. Michael Vick led VT to the championship game as a redshirt freshman. Marcus is nowhere near that level yet and he's a junior.

My favorite team is obviously Ohio State. I find it impossible to have more than one favorite team, but I do root for all the Big Ten teams in their non-conference games (yes, even Michigan sometimes). Otherwise I'll just root for the underdog.

ltk9492

Registered Member
UM is my fav, but when they ain't playin im with VT. NC I like more for basketball, I shouldn't have wrote that down.
I think when Marcus Vick goes pro he could and probably would beat his bro in games. He's got the speed, but don't need it because hes a better passer.
And Mike Vick leading VT to championship? The teams Mike played on were all-around better than the current VT.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The potential is there for Marcus, he's definitely a good passer and can run (not as fast as Mike). I'm just saying, he's not the best QB in college football, and isn't as good as Mike was (yet). I'd take Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Brady Quinn, Brett Basanez, and maybe Troy Smith and D.J. Shockley, and probably a few other guys over Marcus Vick right now. Vick is only a first-year starter though, so he's bound to improve.

I think this year's VT team is more talented overall than the '99 team. The receivers are a lot faster and there's great players everywhere on defense (Adibi, Hall, Williams, etc). Offensive line and running backs are about even, and the special teams is always great at VT. I think Mike did more with less talent than Marcus, although you could say he did it against some pretty poor Big East teams (even Miami sucked).

Mind if I ask how you started rooting for Miami and Virginia Tech? It's kind of strange that you like both of them since they have sort of a rivalry going on from the Big East and continuing over to the ACC.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
When I do watch, it's usually a Maryland or WVU game. I'd like to go over to Morgantown and watch the Maryland/WVU game, actually. Those are always good to watch on tv.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
but I do root for all the Big Ten teams in their non-conference games (yes, even Michigan sometimes). Otherwise I'll just root for the underdog.
I hate to say it but, I even root for Ohio STATE sometimes.

I am a big time Wolverine fan. I got accepted to go to school up there and someday will go for a Semester. I would love to see a Ohio State Michigan game....I cant even imagine it:cute:

There is one team I cannot stand. That is Texas...I cant stand them and I live here in Texas. The times I remember rooting for Ohio State were when they won the National Championship (won $150) and when they playd against Texas. Big Ten football is the best :D

ltk9492

Registered Member
Reggie Bush = Heisman winner by a landslide. GO USC, lol im not a fan of them, but congrats to him. Was he adopted? his speech made it sound that way. Who else did anyone think might've been worthy enough to win it?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Vince Young and Matt Leinart were both worthy enough to win. They both had outstanding seasons and could have won the Heisman most years, but Reggie Bush is a freak and is by far the best player in college football. He's the kind of athlete that comes around maybe once every 20 years. I think he'll have a great career in the NFL. He's like a faster, more powerful version of Barry Sanders.

I think that was his step father and his real mom. Sounded like his mom remarried when Reggie was 2.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I hope Texas wins the National Championship this year.

I'm like Buckeye in that I root for my conference too. I'm a Nebraska fan, but I will almost always want a Big XII team to win championships and titles.

Although- there are two exceptions. Colorado and Oklahoma. The Sooners and the Buffaloes can burn for all I care. NU-OU is a classic rivalry, so I can't really call myself a NU fan and like OU. Those games go back to 1918 or something. One of the NCAA's longest rivalries.

Say what you want about Nebraska- everyone knows that they have the greatest fans in football. The school record for consecutive sellouts goes back to the 1960's and the people are genuine and never rude or mean to the opposing team. Now- take everything you know about the kind-hearted people of Nebraska and flip it 180 degrees and you have Colorado. One of my co-worker's elderly father went to a Colorado game in Boulder, and while he was in the bathroom wearing his Husker Red & White, he got urinated on by two Colorado fans. Did anyone watch the NU-CU game this year? The referees had to clear out the Colorado student section because they were throwing water bottles and debris onto the field during the third quarter. Nebraksa blew them out of the water 30-3, and the CU fans got pretty unruly. The university virtually encourages that from students and they get nasty. I will never respect the University of Colorado or their athletic programs because of the complete and utter way they disgrace themselves at every public opportunity. Gary Barnett, their head football coach was just fired after a storied past. There were allegations that he threw sex parties and payed players to come to Colorado. A female student was even raped a few years ago. I would almost be in favor of kicking Colorado out of the Big XII for the unscrupulous behavior. They are a disgrace to Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor- all fine schools who represent themselves with class.