NBA Trades

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The trading deadling is just around the corner, so I think we should us this thread to talk about all the trades in the NBA that will be occuring in the next little while.

The Trailblazers trade Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake for Marcus Camby. I

Clippers trade Marcus Camby to Blazers - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

I think this is a good pickup for both teams, the Trail Blazers have been looking for a good center since Oden and Pryzbilla went down with injuries.

Then the Clippers get a good young player in Travis Outlaw who didn't really get a good chance to shing his stuff in Portland. He should be a starter in L.A, I think he can be a 15-20ppg if he gets enough touches.

2. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

I agree with you Babe. I think both teams really benefit from this. I have always been a fan of Camby and I think he will fit in great with Portland. Meanwhile, the Clippers get Outlaw who has a pretty high ceiling, IMO.

Meanwhile, any news on Amare Stoudemire? Are the Cavs still the favorite to land him? Who else is involved? I just read somewhere that Cleveland is going after Antwan Jamison as an alternative to Stoudemire. Should be an interesting next few days.

3. Babe_Ruth

There's a lot of rumors that the Cavaliers are looking for a power forward since they don't have much confidence in Hickson. The thing about Jamison and Stoudamire are all star players and the Cavaliers will need to give up to get them. Rumors are that Big Z might be one of the players involced in the deal, but that would be stupid for the Suns and Wizards since Big Z is older and doesn't have a lot left in the tank. Should be interesting to see what happens though, I'm pretty sure they'll get someone before the trade deadline.

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Blazers get their big and will probably not resign Camby anyways when Oden and Przybilla are back next year. Clippers have all but ended their slim post season hopes. Hopefully Camby makes an impact on that team. All the contracts involved are expiring, so little risk for any of the teams. Outlaw was a good prospect when he came out of high school, maybe this means that Thornton is gone as reported.

5. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

I agree, although Big Z gives teams that expiring contract that is being so coveted with the big free agent crop coming up. I read somewhere that if the Suns got him for Stoudemire, they would just waive Big Z right away and the Cavs would likely pick him up again in 30 days (similar to the Tim Thomas situation a few years ago).

6. Babe_Ruth

Or just like they did with Ben Wallace when they traded him for Shaq. That would make a lot of sense, and I believe that Big Z would be willing to take a pay cut to try and win an NBA Championship with the Cavaliers if this scenario ever arrises.

Amare's agent just out and said that his client will get traded before the deadline. The Suns are definitely trying to rebuild so they should try and get a great young talent and a draft pick for him.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Heat try to get him to make that push for the playoffs and further.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I don't know why the Blazers wouldn't resign Camby after the season. Maybe it's because of the price, but any team should want to keep Camby.

I think Amare is going to Cleveland for sure. Miami doesn't have much to offer.

Also great pickups by the Mavs. Haywood might make Dampier play harder for another contract. Butler is an even better replacement for Howard.

8. Babe_Ruth

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Well I was wrong. :-/ Now Miami's the only one left to get Amare.