NBA teams seek clearance to sign Iranian

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
NBA teams seek clearance to sign Iranian

As interest has grown in the NBA over signing 7-foot-2 Iranian Olympian Hamed Ehadadi, the league office has sent a letter to its 30 teams instructing that they are forbidden to even discuss a contract with Ehadadi, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

In the letter, which was sent Friday, NBA legal counsel wrote: “It has come to our attention that representatives of Hamed Ehadadi, an Iranian basketball player, may be contacting NBA teams to discuss the possibility of signing Mr. Ehadadi to an NBA player contract.

“We have been advised that a federal statue prohibits a person or organization in the United States from engaging in business dealings with Iranian nationals.”
I think he would be a nice addition to the NBA. I dont see why they don't want him in the NBA.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
He would have to file for citizenship first. It seems to be part of a trade embargo placed on Iran. It's nothing against that individual but the fact that he is an Iranian citizen at present.

That being said perhaps if he is able to file for citizenship pending a NBA career he will be able to be signed.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard this rumour, he impress a lot of scouts when the Iran National Team came to he United States to play against NBA teams. I believe this guy is talented and he's going to play for an NBA team really soon. It might take some time to get citizenship. But he should be a good addition to any teams in the NBA.

who would want this scrub?

3ppg/3rpg at a very best

after 5 years of pathetic play and being the joke of the locker room he takes an undignified exit from the nba and opens a car wash in sacramento