• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NBA Nicknames

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Jason Terry - Jet Terry

I'm pretty sure that's right.

P

preludepunk27

Brian Scalabrine: VEAL (K-Mart gave this to Brian. It was shortened from Veal Chop because he used to get called for like 8902890 fouls his rookie year)

Nenad Krstic: CURLY (Vince apparently didn't know his name was Nenad for the first month with the Nets because everyone calls him Curly.

S

scottmcgrady

Kevin Martin-K-Mart
Tracy Mcgrady-T-Mac
Kobe Bryant-Black Mamba
Allen Iverson-AI
Vince Carter-VC-Half man Half Amazing, Air Canada...
Shaquille O'Neal-Shaq
Ben Wallace-Big Ben
Lebron James-King James
Karl Malone-Mail Man
Wilt Chamberlain-Wilt the Stilt

There's more and if i remember them i'll post them but those are the one's i can think of off the top of my head.

G

Godfather

preludepunk27 said:
Brian Scalabrine: VEAL (K-Mart gave this to Brian. It was shortened from Veal Chop because he used to get called for like 8902890 fouls his rookie year)

Nenad Krstic: CURLY (Vince apparently didn't know his name was Nenad for the first month with the Nets because everyone calls him Curly.

Dude, are you serious? :D :D :D :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard about Stromile Swift nickname but I never heard the Darvim Ham one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He only as The Black Mamba because he was the cover of Slam. I never heard before that magazine was published. Another nickname we forgot to mention is David Robinson - The Abmiral

H

hZm

Vince Carter said:
He only as The Black Mamba because he was the cover of Slam. I never heard before that magazine was published. Another nickname we forgot to mention is David Robinson - The Abmiral
That nickname was going around way before the SLAM cover. Its just that a lot o non-Laker fans didn't know about it before the SLAM cover. Phil started calling him the Black Mamba during training camp I believe.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Really. You learn something new everyday. It's just because i've wathed a few lakers game this season and I didn't hear the announcers calling him The Black Mamba whatsoever.