• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NBA may have Heat, Nets wear nicknames on jerseys

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-may-he ... --nba.html

I'm not fond of the idea but it'd be cool to see Ray Allen wearing a jersey with "Shuttlesworth" on the back. Denzel should show up with an ankle bracelet. Maybe LaLa can show up, too.

Thoughts on this possibly happening?

Sabby

I think that's a dumb idea, and make the NBA seem even more ghetto. These guys think they're in their own little world. I wish they remember to bring some decorum to the game. Its just like seeing multiple relief pitchers show up with their caps on backwards.

No where in any league are the players as self centered as the NBA (see James' vs. Toews championship speeches last year as a prime example)

You play for the name on the front of your jersy, not the back. Get over yourselves and your dumbass nicknames.

SoberJaysFan

Reminds me of the XFL. Anybody remember "He Hate Me"?

Yeah, it's kind of a joke. Hope it doesn't happen. But I'd be curious to see what the players decide to nickname themselves, just for a good laugh.

Sabby

SoberJaysFan said:
Reminds me of the XFL. Anybody remember "He Hate Me"?

Yeah, it's kind of a joke. Hope it doesn't happen. But I'd be curious to see what the players decide to nickname themselves, just for a good laugh.

I'd comprimise and let players at the ASG or dunk competition play with ninknames on their backs. If you can't make the all-star team...you don't deserve a nickname :p

I love this idea!! I loved it in the XFL!! I will love it if it happens all around the league. I think keeping the option to use just the standard last name is fine for those who don’t want to use a nickname or don’t have a nickname. I hope this spreads to the MLB, NFL, and NHL. I always wanted the 4 Philadelphia jerseys with the number 12 and the name King Patrick on it.

Joshua Howe

Personally, I'd love myself a "King James" jersey. I understand where people are coming from when they say they don't like the idea. It does make the players seem a little more selfish; with their nickname on their jersey when they're supposed to be representing a city. But let's be honest; these things would sell like hotcakes and the NBA is a business.