NBA Finals

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 31, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright as some of you may know the Boston Celtics will be facing the L.A Lakers during the 2008 NBA Finals. Who do you got?

Personally I believe both teams are coming in the series on a high note, they both beat former champions. But I believe that the Boston Celtics will win this series. Garnett will be a man on a mission, he'll do anything to win in my opinion. I really want him to win as well because I really want him to get his Championship.

None the less it should be a great and exciting series. Go Celtics Go.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I was more worried about the Spurs vs Lakers. Now that the Lakers beat them, it's just smooth sailing from here on out. I believe the Lakers will win and bring the championship back home.

3. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

i've somehow managed to get into basketball with watching at least 6 games these past couple of weeks when before I had only watched 1 game EVER and that was a few years ago.

I want the Celtics to win, but I think that the Lakers are going to just demolish them

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'll be rooting for the Celtics, but I have a feeling the Lakers will win in 6 or 7.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

LA has a better star. Kobe can outscore Pierce any day. Allen isn't the type of guy to take over games, and KG is a big man. He can score, but not as quickly as players like Pierce and Kobe.

Still, I have my money on Boston. Garnett can probably outwork Gasol and the Boston bench isn't bad either. Powe has been playing pretty well and can probably hold Odom off for a while.

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I'm thinking Lakers in no more than 6. Boston can cause match up problems but only if their shooters get hot. The Lakers can fall back on Kobe when the go and get tough. Boston also likes to let teams hang around late in games, I think the Lakers are good enough to take advantage of that more often than not.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think Pierce can hold his own against Kobe, he had his hands full against LeBron and he'll have the same with Kobe, but the same could be said that Kobe will have his hands full with Pierce on the defensive side of the ball.

I think Garnett is going to be the main star in this series, he's really hungry for that title and he'll do anything to get it.

It's going to be great series.

8. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I totally agree this. The one thing I did notice though is that it wasn't until game 7 in the Cleveland series that Pierce did both in playing solid defense and be unstoppable in scoring.

The way I see it, the Celtics have a very powerful offense but they have to get into a rhythm and sometimes that takes a couple games for them to get into. If they let the Lakers get up 2-0 on the series I think the Lakers will take advantage and try to run away with it. I feel like LA found its rhythm late in the season and haven't looked back since.