NBA Finals: L.A. vs. Orlando 2009

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Mirage, May 30, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, it's down to the finals. Game 1 will be Thursday night.

I'll be pulling for Orlando. I like L.A. but I would like to see Orlando win it all this time around. Partially because I'd like the Nuggets to be avenged, and partially because I am a Dwight Howard fan and Magic fan in general (when my team isn't playing them). I've rooted for both L.A. and Orlando in the past but this time around I'd like to see L.A. get shut down. Last year I was for L.A. though since I thought the Celtics were overrated. I think Orlando can outplay L.A. but it will be close regardless.

I think we'll definitely see a game 6 or even game 7 before this is over.

Last edited: May 30, 2009

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'll be rooting hard for Orlando because I really like Dwight Howard, and hate the Lakers. They are by far my most hated team in the NBA and have never ever rooted for them:lol:

Should be a really good tough series.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I will pick with my heart and not my head in this one and go with the Orlando Magic in 7 games.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I cant stand the Magic, Dwight Howard is a bum in my opinion. Did you see how he was flexing his mucles last night. Like seriously you didn't prove anything yet. Or when he took a shot when the game had like ten seconds left, and the shot clock wouldn't of expired.

I think the Lakers are going to win this in five to be honest with you.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

You dont think he's allowed to flex his muscles after putting up 40 in a decisive game 6? He just helped eliminate the team with the best record...I'd do the same thing if I was him.

Mirage likes this.
  6. Babe_Ruth

I think it was a bit to much, yes he had a great game, and they are now moving to the NBA Finals, but he hasn't won anything yet. What really matters is winning four games against the Lakers, which personally I dont see happening.

I dont have a problem with celebrations, or stuff like slapping your chest with your hand or something of that nature, but when someone flexs his muscles after a simple dunk is a bit to much if you ask me.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'll be rooting for the L.A. Lakers the whole way, Orlando and L.A. are definitely two worthy opponents, both teams are incredibly skilled in offense and defense.

I like the Magic but at the same time I really like L.A. I've been watching them since I was a little kid, they've always been my favorite team.

Both teams are very likable but I like L.A. more.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

A lot of players flex their muscles after dunks, in games that aren't even important. I've seen Lebron James do that. And I thought it was Rashard Lewis who took the shot at the end of the game. Maybe I'm wrong. But whoever it was, I agree it's bad sportsmanship.

I'm gonna pick the Lakers in six. They'll win the first two games at home and one of three in Orlando and then close out the series at home in Game 6.

Matriqulated likes this.
  9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Jameer Nelson is rumored to be able to return in the finals. That's good stuff.

I'll be rooting for Orlando. Unless it's my home team, I usually don't like/root for teams that win a lot, and the Lakers win a lot.

10. Babe_Ruth

Well the Finals start tonight. I think that the Lakers will set the tempo of this series tonight with a win. I believe they'll win by at least ten points. Even if Nelson comes back, I don't this team giving the Lakers a challenge. I might be totally way off though, because I said the same thing when the Lakers lost to the Pistons.