NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am not sure a lot of people here will be paying attention to this thread since we don't have a lot of die hard basketball fans here. But I was wondering if your going to pay attention to the NBA draft this season. If so which players are your team looking into drafting? I will give my information if I see a few people paying attention to this thread.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'll be watching at the beginning. I am interested in seeing the top 10 and also where Hansborough goes.

3. Babe_Ruth

I think you'll wait a while for Hansbrough, personally I believe he'll get picked between 15-20. I am really looking forward to the ninth pick, because that's the Raptors selection. I want them to go with DeRozan if he's still on the board. He's not fully developed yet and he needs to improve his game in many different areas, but the sky is the limit for this kid.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

When does it start and where will the picks be posted? NBA.com?

5. Babe_Ruth

I am not to sure what time it starts, it's either 7-8pm Eastern Time. I'll be watching it, so I can just keep editing my thread and post the selections as they happen.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

7 eastern is the start of the draft.

I think Hansborough will be 20th or later to be honest...a guy at my work has a bet going saying that very thing haha.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I don't really pay attention to the NBA draft, it's just not exciting like the NFL draft. I'll just wait and see who the Spurs get and hope they pan out.

8. Babe_Ruth

The draft is about to start in less than five minutes. I will use this thread to update every pick.

Blake Griffin was the first overall pick, I don't think this is a big shock to anyone. He was clearly the best available player in tonight's draft. I personally believe he can make an impact right away. He's strong and very athletic. He's going to be an all star in this league in my opinion. The Clippers got a good player.

Hasheem Thabeet was selected second overall by the Memphis Grizzlies. This guy is huge on potential, he's a great shot blocker, but his offensive game is not developed yet. He'll need to work hard on his offensive game. Good selection by Memphis, they get a great defensive player.

Third selection was James Harden, I believe this guy is going to be a great player in the NBA. He didn't have a good March Madness tournament, but I believe hes going to be a great player in the NBA. He needs to improve some stuff in his game, but he'll be just fine for a lot of years.

The Kings selected Tyreke Evans, he's the best point guard in this draft, he has a chance to be an all star player for years. He has size, speed and he's explosive. I thought they would go with Rubio, but they went into another direction and selected Evans.

Timberwolves have two picks in a row, the first player they chose was Rubio, he's suppose to be a great player. He's suppose to be the same type of passer as Magic and Pistol Pete, which is saying a lot. He's full of potential right now, should be interesting to see if he lives up to it. With the second pick Minnesota selects Jonny Flynn, now this is a weird pick, because they just selected a point guard with the fifth pick. Should be interesting to see if there's going to be a trade in the mix.

Warriors selected Stephon Curry, he's disapointed right now because he said he wanted the Knicks to select him. He's a pure shooter, and he's definitely the best shooter in the draft. Should be interesting to see if he can be a good point guard in the NBA. Doesn't surprise me the Warriors selected him because they love to shoot.

The Knicks selected Jordan Hill, analyst believe he's a similar player to Chris Bosh, so he can be a very good NBA pro, with that being said, he needs to improve a lot of stuff in his game to become a Chris Bosh type of player. People also believe he might be a huge bust in this league.

The Raptors selected DeRozan, I am very happy this is the player I wanted. He has hops, but he raw right now, he needs to develop a lot of things in his game. He didn't have a good NCAA season last year, but he played well in the Pac10 and March Madness. He reminds me of Vince Carter because of his hops.

Jennings was selected by the Bucks, he didn't go to College last season instead he decided to go to play in Italy. Should be interesting to see how he does in the NBA. He has a lot of skills of making his teammates better, he's very creative so he should be entertaing to watch him play in the NBA.

Terrence Williams was selected by the Nets. He's very athletic and he has four years of playing in College so he has lots of experience and he should be ready to make an impact right away.

The Bobcats selected Gerald Henderson. I am not a fan of his, I personally believe he's going to be a bust in this league. He has all the tools to be a good player in this league, I just don't see him putting it all together in the NBA.

The Pacers just selected Tyler Hansbrough, I am really shock he got selected this high, I expected him to go between 15-20. He's one of the best college players of all time, it should be interesting to see how he does in the NBA. Hé;s undersized but he has a lot of heart.

The Suns just selected Earl Clark, I am really high on this kid, I believe he's going to be a star in this league, and he's going to make a lot of teams that passed on him pay. Just like Butler did when he got drafted late.

The Pistons selected Austin Day, he needs to add muscle and bulk, and he needs to become a beeter rounder for his size.`

The Bulls selected James Johnson, a lot of mock drafts thought he would be selected around 10-12, he as a lot of potential to become a star in this league. He went to a good school so he should be ready to play in the NBA next season.

The 76ers selected Jrue Holiday, he didn't do much in UCLA, but he impressed a lot of teams in the NBA Draft tryouts. I think he's a good pick because Miller will probably be gone in a few years.

Ty Lawson was drafted by the Timberwolves, you knew there was going to be a trade in the talks because that was the third point guard they drafted tonight. Well they traded the pick to Denver for a future draft pick

Hawks selected Jeff Teague, I am a big fan of Teague I believe he was a steal for the Hawks, I think he's going to have a great NBA career. He might make a splash right away as well.

The Jazz just selected Eric Maynor, he's a pure scorer, he's has good ball handling skills and he's not afraid to take big game shots.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009