• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NBA Draft

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you think is going to be the number pick overall this year? It's really hard to say I think it's going to be between Tyrus Thomas of LSU which he has tons of potential or Adam Morrison which he is compared to Larry Bird. There's also Andrea Bargnani who's opening a lot of eyes. I cant wait to watch this is going to so good.

T

the.game

It depends on the team that is picking. There's no sure-fire superstar in this year's draft and I feel that there a lot of players with a ton potential but those guys are the same ones who underachieved or didn't play consistently in college. The guys who did, lack the upside of guys like Aldridge, Thomas, Gay so there will be a bunch of players who could be picked first and it will depend who's on the clock first.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree it would be interesting if the Bulls get first pick because are they going to take a chance on LaMarcus because they already have Tyson Chandler, maybe move him to the center position, but I don't think so because he's to small, if the Bulls do get the number 1 pick I believe there going to go with Morrison.

T

the.game

The Bulls should go big with their first pick and they'll probably be looking to add size to their backcourt rotation with the second pick which is sixteen. Aldridge and Bargnani could compliment Chandler well but it will depend on where the Bulls pick and how many centers stay in the draft ie Patrick O'Bryant. They could look to draft Morrison or Brandon Roy with their first pick but they should be looking to address their greatest area of need first and that's post offense. Morrison would receive limited playing time alongside Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon, Deng and Nocioni and his lack of athleticism could hurt the Bull's notoriously stingy defense.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree, but if they do draft a player like LaMarcus, I think that would be a stupid choice because you just gave lots of money to Chandler, and he's only 22 years old, he has lots of potential. But I think if they do decide to go big they should draft Bargini, I've seen him play a couple of times and he has impress me.

T

the.game

The Bulls need post offense and size and Aldridge provides that. Chandler is a defensive-minded PF/C so I think Aldridge would compliment him well. Bargnani is more perimeter orientated and might not be as effectively defensively as Aldridge so LaMarcus should be the Bulls' primary target. Tyrus Thomas could be an option as he has shown flashes of offense and especially if he proves that in workouts.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personnaly Thomas only went on the radar because he had a good tournament, I am not dissing is skills or anything, he has tons of potential. Also I would have to agree that Albridge would compliment Chandler, but I would still go for Bargani the next Nowizky.

F

fatboy

noah from florida will be a good pick; however it seems like he has no interest in the big bucks. rumor is he will stay in college, which is good i think, and try to make things hard on the hogs for at least one more year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes he didn't declare and he won't be he will stay another year with the Gators, I was very impressed by him in the NCAA tournament, he showed that he can be a dominant force in the low block. I think if he would of declared he would of been maybe a top 5 pick but definitely top 10.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheRealVJ NBA 8
Babe_Ruth NBA 9
Babe_Ruth NBA 3
Shooting_Palanx NBA 1
K College Sports 1