• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NBA All Star Reserves Announced

knickstape2107

Registered Member
All Star reserves were announced today.

EAST:
Demar DeRozan, Guard, Toronto Raptors
Joe Johnson, Guard, Brooklyn Nets
Joakim Noah, Center, Chicago Bulls
Roy Hibbert, Center, Indiana Pacers
John Wall, Guard, Washington Wizards
Paul Millsap, Forward, Atlanta Hawks

(I disagree with Joe Johnson. Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson deserved it WAYY more. Btw, Born Ready recorded his 4th triple double of the season (14 pts,10 rebs, 10asts) in a loss to the Suns, 102-94. Another snub was Kyle Lowry who has also played better than Joe. Also, John Wall deserved to be in. Deserved to start too imo.)

WEST:
Chris Paul, Guard, Los Angeles Clippers
Tony Parker, Guard, San Antonio Spurs
James Harden, Guard, Houston Rockets
Damian Lillard, Guard, Portland Trail Blazers
Lamarcus Aldridge, Forward, Portland Trail Blazers
Dwight Howard, Center, Houston Rockets
Dirk Nowitzki, Forward, Dallas Mavericks

(No major complaints other than no Demarcus Cousins. He has played well and deserved a spot on the team.)

SNUBS: Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Kyle Lowry, Lance Stephenson

blpratt1982

I agree with the guys you have as snubs. How could they take Joe Johnson over Kyle Lowry and Lance Stephenson? And Cousins definitely should've made the team in the West.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, it would have been pretty stupid to take two raptors in my opinion, and I think the one that deserves it the most deserved it. Happy for DeRozan. Is hard work is paying off.

I think Lance Stephenson was the biggest snub. The kid is playing unreal basketball right now. Joe Johnson doesn't belong there, IMO.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I never knew why Lowry was in the discussion. He played horribly up until about a month ago. Way to go Derozan!

blpratt1982

The guys that did get snubbed could still make the team because you never know when someone will get injured. I think that they should add a couple more spots on the rosters though. I don't think that would dilute the accomplishment of becoming an all star.

VJ_Sportsgeek

Add Al Jefferson to that snub list as well. Hes been on a tear over the past few games averagin close to 28 points and 12 boards. Hes really brought Charlotte into that late playoff picture. And the fact that hes been on this tear with Kemba Walker out is another reason as to why he should be an all-star.

marc5252

Registered Member
it made me laugh when Sid Seixeiro tweeted that Kyle Lowry not being at the All-Star games is worst then the Montreal Screwjob between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels LOL

blpratt1982

VJ_Sportsgeek said:
Add Al Jefferson to that snub list as well. Hes been on a tear over the past few games averagin close to 28 points and 12 boards. Hes really brought Charlotte into that late playoff picture. And the fact that hes been on this tear with Kemba Walker out is another reason as to why he should be an all-star.
You're right about Al Jefferson. And the East roster could use another big man on the roster.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 0
V NBA 4
K NBA 4
K NBA 1
Babe_Ruth NBA 3