NBA All Star Game Moved to Cowboy's Stadium

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did you guys hear that the NBA All Star Game will be held in the Dallas Cowboy's football stadium?

Dallas Cowboys' new stadium to host 2010 NBA All-Star Game - ESPN

This is going to be epic. I can't wait to see how it looks to have the basketball court installed in such a huge stadium.

As far as I know this is the first time an NBA game will take place in a football stadium.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I knew a long time ago, they really believe they can get over 80,000 fans to the game. I think it's pretty awesome that it's going to be held at that stadium and I'm really curious to see how many fans will actually show up to this thing. It's going to be a great weekend of festivities. I'm really looking forward to the skills competition especially the Slam Dunk competetition.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is going to be epic. I can't wait to see how it looks to have the basketball court installed in such a huge stadium.

As far as I know this is the first time an NBA game will take place in a football stadium.
Yeah, I don't think the NBA has ever done it, but there have been a lot of NCAA games in football stadiums. The Final Four is in a football stadium every year. Texas played North Carolina in Cowboys Stadium in a regular season game a couple months ago.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's crazy. I can see how it would work if they add more seats in like that. I wonder if it will look any different on TV though since most of the shots will be close shots as usual as opposed to the distant wide angle shots like the one you posted.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think I could've gone this year, but the one year I'm not in town, they have the All star game in Dallas. :mad: I think it'd be pretty sweet. If your seats are too far away from the court, you can always watch the giant monitors. :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If your seats are too far away from the court, you can always watch the giant monitors. :D
I have to disagree with this one, why pay a huge amount of money for a ticket if you can only see the game from the jumbotron. Wouldn't you rather just watch it at home instead?

Yes! There's one side where you can say you were there, but to me it's pointless to pay for a ticket when you can't see anything other than the jumbotron.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
That's true, but some of those seats are pretty far away. just saying. But apparently there's a lot to do there so even if you do get bad seats, you can go to the bars or something and still be a part of the atmosphere.