• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NBA 2013/2014 Playoff Thread

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Discuss the playoffs here, who you expect to well and any predictions you have.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So who's a legit threat this year? I know Miami and Indiana have good squads and based off 18 wins in a row I gotta think San Antonio is too.

But who else? Oklahoma City? I really haven't paid enough attention this year.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
OKC in my opinion is SA's only real legitimate threat in the West, although Golden State can be a spoiler.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What about the Clippers and/or Rockets? I am just now looking at the standings and see they are nice records too. Man the East sucks in comparison.

I know LA has Griffin and Paul and Rockets have Harden and Howard. But yeah, based off the standings there are 4 great teams and then some other guys who might get lucky.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Clippers and Rockets look pretty solid also, and as a Spurs fan I've always feared Memphis just because I think they match up well against us, even though that wasn't the case last year. Yeah, the East sucks in comparison, they don't have nearly as much talent as the West.

dDave

V.I.P.
The first round starts tomorrow I believe.

Here are the teams.

My predictions.

Pacers vs Hawks - Pacers in 5
Heat vs Bobcats - Heat in 4
Raptors vs Nets - Nets in 7
Bulls vs Wizards - Bulls in 6

Spurs vs Mavericks - Spurs in 6
Thunder vs Grizzlies - Thunder in 7
Clippers vs Warriors - Clippers in 6
Rockets vs Trailblazers - Trailblazers in 7

Should be a very interesting playoffs. First time it seems in forever that the Lakers didn't claim a Western Conference spot.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll go with...

Pacers over Hawks in 5
Heat over Bobcats in 4
Nets over Raptors in 6
Bulls over Wizards in 6

Spurs over Mavs in 5
Thunder over Grizzlies in 6
Warriors over Clippers in 7
Rockets over Blazers in 5

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was starting to worry a bit but San Antonio went 24-4 to close out the 4th quarter to win 90-85. What a great game. A great start to this series.

dDave

V.I.P.
This has been a strange playoffs so far in many ways.

Atlanta is up 2-1 over the Pacers, I guess it's not over but I didn't expect them to take that lead.

Miami vs Charlotte - Nothing shocking

Brooklyn vs Toronto - Nothing shocking

Washington D.C. vs Chicago - The road team has won every game this series so far on both ends. I'm also surprised that Washington is beating the Bulls, I swear they were better than this.

Dallas vs. San Antonio - Awesome series so far, nothing truly surprising though.

Memphis vs OKC - Memphis is making OKC play the "Make Durant and Westbrook win the game type of game, it seems to be working well for them". Memphis is a truly tough team and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them progress to the next round even if it is over OKC, they're awesome.

Golden State vs LA - The Clippers have come back with a vengeance but I'm not sure if they can keep it up. I'm pulling for the Clippers to win it all (cause I like Blake Griffin and Chris Paul a lot) so obviously I hope they can come out of the first round.

Portland vs Houston - Embarrassing performance by the Rockets. No idea what's going on but they need to pull it together.

^Just my analysis so far. I'll bet that not everyone agrees.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The Spurs pulled off a nail biter after losing game 3 at the buzzer to tie the series 2-2. We were up by 20 at one point but we blew that lead. Dallas is tough, but the #1 seed shouldn't be struggling like this.