• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Vegito728

Registered Member
So who here has seen this movie? It comes on cartoonnetwork this week(For the peoplewho don't know). It looks a lot like Princess Monoke. But most of Miyazaki's movies are the same in ways. But I will watch and let you all know what I thought.

L

Laharl ex

I saw some of it and thought it was good...so, now that you saw, what did you think of it? I'm guessing you haven't told because then you'd be double posting...

Vegito728

Registered Member
No I haven't seen it yet I said that in my above post. I will see it Saturday when it comes on cartoon network and then let everybody know what I thought.

B

Brigid

I haven't seen it but I have read the manga Miyazaki-san wrote, and heard people say that the manga is better. I wouldn't be surprised since the movie was made while the manga was still in production. My Dad apparently has seen parts of it and found it rather good "for it's kind". No idea what he meant by that, though it did take an awful lot to convince him that Nausicaa actually was wearing pants. (He actually thought her legs were that color?? :-\ )

Vegito728

Registered Member
Brigid said:
I haven't seen it but I have read the manga Miyazaki-san wrote, and heard people say that the manga is better. I wouldn't be surprised since the movie was made while the manga was still in production. My Dad apparently has seen parts of it and found it rather good "for it's kind". No idea what he meant by that, though it did take an awful lot to convince him that Nausicaa actually was wearing pants. (He actually thought her legs were that color??  :-\ )

Lol so did my Brother. ::) But I saw it this week it was as good as the rest imo. I don't like how Miyazak'si movies always end the same but c'mon I wanna see a sad ending lol.

L

lilbballfrk

the movie was okay. i thought it was going to be much better. it kind of bored me in the begining.

D

deepikab

I thought it was pretty good except for the insects. The end was soooo beautiful but still I prefer Spirited Away.

B

Brigid

Funny. Dad liked the insects best. But then he is kinda funny that way. (It was how strange and truely alien they were, and yet plausable.)

G

Glory_Questor

I liked this one the most of Miyazaki's. It has clever storytelling and an interesting setting, along with a nice English dub version to match the excellent subtitling.