• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Native Indians

U

UrbanT

I myself am Native Indian, and america has treated my people like crap since Europeans got here. I am personally anti-american, and I hope to see that there will be a change of attitude towards us.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Native Indians? You are basically insulting yourself by calling yourself that. Indians are people from India, Columbus called Native Americans, Indians, beacuse he thought he was in India, thus you are basically insulting yourself. America has treated the Native Americans like shit, especially early on, now there are only a million or so left. Nobody is really prejudical towards Native Americans anymore, not that I have seen, those views have basically just went from one culture to the next through out the years, current it is the Mexicans, and Latin American people that are in negative light.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

When you think about, it is a slap in the face for anyone that's Native American. Europeans did pretty much came here and just took over. Originally this land belonged to them. In my opinion it still belongs to them. For the most part I'm glad I do live in this country, but some things do need to change also. The U.S. is pretty screwed up in more ways than one.

U

UrbanT

Piccolo said:
Native Indians? You are basically insulting yourself by calling yourself that. Indians are people from India, Columbus called Native Americans, Indians, beacuse he thought he was in India, thus you are basically insulting yourself. America has treated the Native Americans like ####, especially early on, now there are only a million or so left. Nobody is really prejudical towards Native Americans anymore, not that I have seen, those views have basically just went from one culture to the next through out the years, current it is the Mexicans, and Latin American people that are in negative light.

I say Native Indian because I don't want to be known as an american. And one of the problems with Native american is that anyone born in america is a "native american". We need a new name.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Actually, no that is not true, Native American can mean more then just that. Most people use the term Native American to refer to those that have been here before it was colonized, when people ask me what I am I say "American," not Native American. I also do not know anyone else who says "Native American," unless they are in fact one.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
UrbanT said:
I myself am Native Indian, and america has treated my people like crap since Europeans got here. I am personally anti-american, and I hope to see that there will be a change of attitude towards us.
What do you want from us?

I don't know how much worse we can treat native americans (you're american, deal with it) after Columbus arrived. As far as being anti-american, I have no problem. But by saying you hate being called American is pretty much self-hate. You were born here, you live here, you're ancestors fought to protect their land and you're being stubborn by not retaining your pride as a native of this country. If you dislike this country so much, leave.

I'm by no means pro-america, if I could leave and take a bit of a break, I gladly would. I know you're situation is a lot more difficult, but you're not helping yourself by hating the country. Hate the government, hate the people, hate the morals, but don't hate the land you hail from.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I am taking my break from America in June, for a little go at Europe, though I dont figure I will remember much of it. Anyway, nobody here is disagreeing with how bad the Native Americans were treated, but saying Native Indians is still just as bad, if not worse then saying "American."

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Actually the Indians of America are the only ones that can truly call themselves Native Americans or Americans. Everyone else immigrated here.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Exactly, that is what I was saying, which is why I've never heard anyone that was not an actual Native, as in lived here before Europeans say "Native American." Nobody I know says that except Native Americans...or Indians if you want to call them that, most "Indians" I know find that term offensive.

A

A.M. Radio

Anti American? What the hell did I do to you?

I really don't see what the problem with the term "Indian" is, considering that every time it's said it's a reminder of the white man's stupidity.

I think that Natives have gotten a shit deal. But so have Blacks, Mexicans, the Irish, the Chinese.... The list goes on. White people have a whole list of groups they need to apologize to. On behalf of white people everywhere, I apologize. Of course, I am one man. A liberal hippie douche as well.

I support Native American rights, and have been an active part of a movement to try to get back land that was taken by the U.S. Government in the past 20 years. I'd explain more, but since your so proud to be Native, then maybe you can elaborate on the unlawful seizure of reservation land.