• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Native Americans disrupt Keystone XL Pipeline construction

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
RT USA...Dozens of Native Americans made a human blockade to keep trucks transporting materials for the Keystone XL Pipeline from entering their land this week. The peaceful protest ended with at least five arrests. Read More Here
They put a halt to the origanal proposed route for the pipeline because it was determined it would have negative effect on the water source for eight states. Now the Native Americans don't even want the trucks hauling the equipment crossing their land. Its not 100% clear to me if the pipeline will cross the reservation but the Native Americans are saying it will destroy their water supply. Would you be willing to let them put this pipe line across your land?

Here's a link to a Native American news source for more on the story.
Pine Ridge Residents Halt Canadian Mine Equipment Transportation Through Reservation

Last edited: