• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Native Americans came from Siberia

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Altai in southern Siberia sits right at the centre of Russia. But the tiny, mountainous republic has a claim to fame unknown until now - Native Americans can trace their origins to the remote region. Read More Here
I find this fascinating, they have found genetic markers linking native Americans with people living in the Russian republic of Altai. They think they walked across the ice from Russia to America. It seems we all came from somewhere else at one point in time.

Wade8813

Registered Member
We already had a pretty good idea that Native Americans came over from Russia - now we have the DNA evidence, and we can even pinpoint the region they came from.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It always fascinated me to think about people walking over the Bering Strait from Russia to Alaska. That was always the though, that Native Americas came through those means but to have a specific spot picked out where they may have come from is definitely awesome.