• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)- Nov. 2011

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
It's a bit late, but a reminder that November is National Novel Writing Month in the US, with many international participants.

The goal is to write a complete, 50,000+ word novel in the month of November. No final copy is written prior to the 1st of the month. Often people participate in "write-ins" where they go to a space and write communally.

As for me, this is my first year attempting- it's the end of Day 3, and I'm 2,301 words in. To give you an idea of my novel theme (described by myself as "Cannery Row by John Steinbeck meets Occupy Wall Street") here are my unwritten chapter titles:

Chapter VII: You Can('t) Fight City Hall

Chapter VIII: A Welcome to Arms

Chapter IX: The Larson Lovers' Brigade

Chapter X: Red Cloud was Right

Chapter XI: $999 Problems and a Revolution Ain't One of Them

Chapter XII: Zero Hour

Chapter XIII: The Revolution Will, Indeed, Be Televised

Chapter XIV: The Virus of the Conscience

Chapter XV: Identity Politics and You- White Devil!

Chapter XVI: San Lomar, 1856

Chapter XVII: Shut This Motherfucker Down

Chapter XVIII: San Lomar, 1929

Chapter XIX: A Bridge Too Far?

Chapter XX: San Lomar, 20XX

Chapter XXI: The State's Only Card

Chapter XXII: This Is What Democracy Looks Like

Chapter XXIII: The Senator's Lament

Chapter XXIV: The Liberated States of America

Chapter XXV: Friends of Hao

Conclusion: From Dictatorship to Democracy

Epilogue: The Faces of San Lomar

National Novel Writing Month

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I fell asleep at 4pm yesterday and woke up at about midnight. So I saw this thread and started writing something. I'm at exactly 2k words lol. I think if I can do about 2000-2500 words a day, I can pump a novel out. lol.

laustinspace

Registered Member
I'm trying, but I really don't think I can produce anything worth while in the time allotted. Nothing I'd be proud of anyhow. I do have something that is growing to epic proportions, however, I hope that I can keep going...