Nash vs Nowitzki

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know we have a thread about season award but I believe this deserves it's own thread. It will probably go down between these two players for MVP of the season. Who do you think deserves and who do you think is going to win it?

I'll post my opinion after a few replies.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

If no one knew Nash was the MVP for the past two years, then he'd be it. He really is most valuable for his team. Dallas still needs Dirk, but not as much as Phoenix needs Nash, IMO.

But they might want to change it up. The only real accomplishment to Nash getting MVP again would just be tieing some records.

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Nash should get it IMO because he deserves it more. I mean sure he has some good players around him but the Suns need this guy. He is an amazing point guard and can find anybody on the floor at any time. Thats why the Suns win so much because they are able to get the ball around and find the open man. The Mavs need Dirk but I think that they would have a little more of a better record without him then the Suns would have without Nash.

4. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Nash. You shouldn't hold the fact that he's already won 2 against him because the award is based on one season only. He's having his best season ever. His percentages and efficiency is ridiculous. Suns are more reliant on Nash than the Mavs are on Dirk. Plus Nash has been better than Nowitzki in their head-to-head matchups.

5. Babe_Ruth

I agree that Nash deserves the award, and I believe that they'll give it to Dirk because Nash has won it already two times in a row, I know it's sad but the NBA likes to market different players, and no one has one it three times in a row since Bird, and I don't believe Nash will win this year.

Nash is more important to his team then Dirk is, if Nash misses games then the Suns won't have the same success but if Dirk misses games they still have Howard and Terry and Stackhouse ect that can take over games. Also Nash is way more important because he's the point guard and he basically controls everything, he runs the floor sets the plays. He's everything to that team.

6. Xepa

Xepa Guest

Nash deserves the MVP if he never won it before...but giving it to him now, making it his third straight year, is simply ridiculous. That puts him on an eschelon of the greatest players EVER, Magic has never even won it three times. It's an insult to the legends to give it to Nash, a down right insult. It's like awarding Ben Wallace the DPOY 4 times straight, it's just pathetic.

7. andrew_bishop

I disagree. I think if a player deserves to be given the award then he should be given it. That's like saying if one team wins the west three years in a row its not worth giving them the fourth time around because some legendary teams didn't get it. If he deserves it then give it to him. Both players deserve it because they are a huge part of their team but I still think that Nash when it comes down to it is the better player.

8. Babe_Ruth

I know it's sad Bishop but I believe Xepa makes a great point, I do disagree with it, but a lot of will be mad if Nash wins it three times in a row because Michael Jordan never won it, and the NBA likes to market different players. It will be a close race but Nowitzki will come up on top.

9. andrew_bishop

Well I guess we can look at it that way. A lot of people might say im biased on it because im from Canada but I think the guy should get it. Either way though you can't go wrong because both players deserve it and if they do give it to Dirk then I think none the less it will be a close race.