NASCAR too lenient?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Konshentz, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

YouTube - NSC 2010 at Atlanta Brad Keselowski Huge crash

This past Sunday Carl Edwards purposely wrecked Brad Keselowski. Check out the video above. It's hard to see at first, but a ways in you'll be able to see his white gloves and a definite turning motion into the opposing car. This all hapenning at around 190 MPH. He was put on "probation" for three races, do you think that is fair or should he have suffered further punishment?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't know about NASCAR, but I think stuff like this should be under investigation by law enforcement. Lives are at risk in these crashes. If there's proof that a driver is intentionally trying to wreck another driver, he should be charged with attempted manslaughter or something.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I agree.

I've seen drivers "beat and bang" hundreds of times over the years, but I can't say I remember seeing a driver purposely take out another racer at this speed or in such a dangerous way.

They have a "history" I guess, a race last year and earlier that race they had run into each other. Carl Edwards should be smart enough to wait until the race is over and then go talk to him man to man, hell, knock him on his ass... just don't do it in a race car at nearly 200 MPH.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was really surprised that he didn't get suspended for this and just got placed on probation. Probation is just a small tap on the wrist for drivers, especially when there just three races. Edwards had intent there and it was obvious, don't see why the Nascar officials did punish him more.

5. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

This doesn't surprise me one bit, Edwards was flipped at talledega last year by Brad on the last lap and they didn't suspend Brad then, they won't suspend Carl now for something similar.

*disclaimer* I can't remember if there was actually a suspension but I'm pretty positive there wasn't one for the incident last year.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Was he as agressive at Edwards while causing the accident? Edwards' intent was to take out Keselowski. Who cares if you have "history", be an adult and handle that shit when you aren't going almost 200 MPH. Common sense, really.
    ------
    YouTube - Carl Edwards Talladega Crash 4-26-09 (HD)

Edwards cut down just as much as Keselowski cut up. Totally different.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

There's no doubt that this "punishment" is faaaaaar too lenient. I agree, this is manslaughter.

Just because this is in "sport" (haha) doesn't mean that they shouldn't be held accountable for stupid shit like what Edwards did.